[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] Question about WG facilitated session in Singapore (ICANN52)

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Mon Nov 10 19:17:49 UTC 2014

Dear WG members,

We are beginning to work with the ICANN Meetings Team to put together the
schedule for the upcoming ICANN52 Meeting in Singapore, in February 2015. As
you will recall, our WG has been selected by the GNSO Council as the second
WG to participate in the Council¹s pilot project for facilitating successful
WG outcomes, following the Privacy & Proxy Services Accreditation Issues
WG¹s positive experience in Los Angeles last month.

I am writing now to find out how many, and which, WG members intend to
participate in the Singapore full-day, face-to-face facilitated session, to
be held immediately following the end of the ICANN Meeting, on Friday 13
February 2015. This will permit the organizers to secure the most
appropriate meeting room space, among other arrangements.

Please note that WG members who require ICANN travel funding in order to be
at the Singapore meeting will have to have their travel approved by their
respective GNSO Stakeholder Group or other ICANN SO/AC. We will be writing
separately to each SG/SO/AC Chair to inform them of the Friday session, and
request that they nominate members who are active WG participants for the
available slots. As a reminder, each GNSO Stakeholder Group may nominate up
to 6 active WG members, and funding for this specific initiative is limited
to one hotel night each (for 6 members) or a maximum of two nights (if fewer
than 6). As such, a participant¹s airfare and additional accommodation costs
will have to be funded from each SG¹s general travel allocations or other
sources.

For those who are not able to join the meeting in person, remote
participation facilities will be available, and the facilitators will be
briefed to ensure that remote participants are as actively involved as those
who will be present in person.

Please let me know if you plan to attend (subject to your obtaining the
necessary travel/funding approval, if applicable) as soon as possible.

Thanks and cheers
Mary

Mary Wong
Senior Policy Director