[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] With updated attendance: MP3 IGO WG - Wednesday, 12 November 2014 at 1700 UTC

Nathalie Peregrine nathalie.peregrine at icann.org
Wed Nov 12 21:18:46 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Please find the MP3 recording for IGO-INGO Access to Curative Rights Protection Mechanisms Working Group call on Wednesday, 12 November 2014  at 1700 UTC at:

http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-igo-ingo-crp-access-20141112-en.mp3

 On page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov> http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov

 <http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/> http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

George Kirikos - Individual

Jim Bikoff – IPC

Petter Rindforth – IPC

Val Sherman – IPC

Phil Corwin – BC

Osvaldo Novoa – ISPCP

Mason Cole – RySG

Lori Schulman – NPOC

Gary Campbell – GAC

Alexander Lerman – no SOI

David Healsley - IPC

Jay Chapman – Individual

David Cake –  NCUC

Nat Cohen - BC

David Maher – RySG

Apologies:

Kristine Dorrain- Individual

Paul Tattersfield - Individual

ICANN staff:

Mary Wong

Steve Chan

Berry Cobb

Nathalie Peregrine

Wiki page:

 <https://community.icann.org/x/97rhAg> https://community.icann.org/x/97rhAg

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Nathalie

-------------------------------

 Adobe Connect chat transcript for Wednesday, 12 November 2014:

   Nathalie  Peregrine:Dear all, welcome to the  IGO-INGO Curative Rights Protection PDP WG Meeting on the 12th November 2014

  Gary Campbell:Hi Jay, Nathalie

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Hello Gary and Jay!

  Osvaldo Novoa:Hello all

  Val Sherman:Hello all

  George Kirikos:Hi everyone.

  Jay Chapman:Hi Everyone!

  Alexander Lerman:Greetings all

  Nathalie  Peregrine:David Cake has joined the call

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Lori Schulman has also joined the call

  Gary Campbell:Greg you have your hand up

  Gary Campbell:George rather

  George Kirikos:Right. I think that's what Paul's point was -- for the 3 major issues, i.e. having a TM, costs, and mutual jurisdiction, IGOs aren't necessarily 'special' either.

  George Kirikos:And so, Paul was trying to say that there should be an overall principle involved, rather than different strokes for different folks....

  George Kirikos:It's nice to have you on today's call, Gary (Gary's with the GAC).

  Gary Campbell:Thanks George

  George Kirikos:Thanks Jim.

  Lori Schulman:I agree that we should focus on IGO's

  Jay Chapman:Agree with you, Phil

  George Kirikos:Yes, I think it makes sense to focus on IGOs, as the obstacles for INGOs don't seem different from other organizations.

  George Kirikos:http://www.state.gov/s/l/38648.htm

  Mary Wong:We are uploading it to the chat room

  George Kirikos:A private action, indeed. So, the 'mutual jurisdiction/immunity' issue exists in the normal course of enforcement.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Nat Cohen has joined the call

  Nat Cohen:Hi everyone.  Sorry for joining late.

  George Kirikos:Welcome, Nat.

  Nat Cohen:Hi George

  Jay Chapman:Agree, Phil

  George Kirikos:I have to always correct myself when I say "real world" -- I meant "offline" world, since the "online" world is definitely real! :)

  Mary Wong:@George, :)

  George Kirikos:Has that IGO coaltion been created yet?

  George Kirikos:(i.e. we talked about sending out an invitation to all the IGO observers to the GAC)

  Petter Rindforth:I fully support that, as a necessary step to move on

  Mary Wong:@George, staf has that as an action item to take back to the Council

  George Kirikos:lol I see Mary had to backspace/delete "real world" too ... :-)

  Mary Wong:LOL - I did!!!!

  George Kirikos:Registrant can even initiate a court filing during the UDRP itself.

  George Kirikos:Does the General Counsel have access to Westlaw or other databases?

  George Kirikos:(i.e. to do a text search on court cases involving 6ter)

  Mary Wong:@George, I don't know (I wish I still did! :)

  George Kirikos:CanLII.org is a free Canadian court ruling database, but I didn't find much.

  Lori Schulman:I think that Google Scholar is free for case law research too.

  George Kirikos:Good point, Lori.

  Lori Schulman::)

  George Kirikos:unifem.com is still not owned by the IGO.

  Lori Schulman:In my experience IGO's and NGO's do not enforce in the same way as the Fortune 500.

  George Kirikos:Only 1 match in Google Scholar for 6ter.

  Lori Schulman:It's surprising what they don't own.

  George Kirikos:(for the Federal Courts)

  Petter Rindforth:Agree

  Lori Schulman:When I say enforce, I mean in the name space.

  Mary Wong:In my past life as an academic, Google Scholar wasn't very comprehensive or useful :(

  George Kirikos:Yes, the paid databases are the place to check.. $$$$

  Lori Schulman:Lexis requires a monthly subscription.  It is not pay as you go as in the past.  You need a subscription.  My organization does not have one...unfortunately.

  George Kirikos 2:Adobe froze.

  Petter Rindforth:Good reason to skip that date

 George Kirikos:Anyone else having Adobe issues? Keeps freezing up.

  George Kirikos:Good to skip that date. I'd also skip December 24, 2014.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:@ George, my AC seems fine.

  George Kirikos:(if we're sticking to Wednesdays)

  Jay Chapman:agree with George, might add 12/31 as well

  Lori Schulman:This is my second Adobe call today and it's been wonky all day especially the mobile app.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:{Please use Firefox and keep it updated as much as possible as this does tend to erase bugs

  George Kirikos:It's been stable other days. First time it has ever froze up on me, in many uses.

  Nathalie  Peregrine:Update can be found here: •           Open your Firefox Web Browser and navigate to the following URL:•    https://arcps.adobeconnect.com/common/help/en/support/meeting_test.htm•          On Step #4 of the Test – Please select “Install Add-in” Or “Update Add-in”

  Alexander Lerman:Thanks all

  George Kirikos:Bye everyone. Have a great day!

  Jay Chapman:Thanks, Everyone. Goodbye!

  Lori Schulman:ciao