[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] GAC advice and the IGO PDP

Mike Rodenbaugh mike at rodenbaugh.com
Wed Jul 15 01:47:01 UTC 2015

Thanks George, I am in general agreement.

Along these lines, is anyone aware, or can Staff please inform us, as to
the who is in the "informal small group" referenced in the GAC Communique
as having made "progress" on the topic of IGO names, what are they
discussing exactly, where is the transparency around that effort, and when
is it supposed to conclude?

There are quite a few IGO names issues up in the air, where there is a
difference of opinion between GAC and GNSO, and the Board is trying to
reconcile.  This WG covers just one aspect -- IGO names at the second
level.  The remaining issues (i.e. proposed protections at the top level)
must also be dragged out into the light, and then a compromise reached to
resolve all issues -- not just the one this WG is considering.

This "informal small group" does not appear to have any official charter or
public presence, yet the GAC is citing their progress and goal to develop a
"concrete proposal" before Dublin.  The community, and particularly this
WG, ought to be informed and involved in the work of that group.

Mike Rodenbaugh
RODENBAUGH LAW
tel/fax:  +1.415.738.8087
http://rodenbaugh.com