[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] - Legal Expert Follow-Up

Steve Chan steve.chan at icann.org
Wed Sep 23 22:36:52 UTC 2015

Paul,

I realized after sending the email that the WG would want to know why the
candidates removed their names from consideration, so thanks for asking
the question. David Stewart removed his name because of availability
issues and Mark Feldman removed his name because of concerns about the
scope of work, as well as the timeline. There were also budget concerns
for Mr. Feldman as you’ll recall.

Mr. Bellinger was informed that his rate was substantially higher than the
budget and as far as I am aware, did not indicate there was much room for
negotiation with the current scope of questions. Jim might have more
information as he was primarily responsible for these conversations.

Finally, I understand your frustrations and staff shares your concern
about pace, as well as the sudden lack of qualified candidates. We will
continue to try and move things forward as best we can.

Best,
Steve