[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] Next steps for our Working Group and our Initial Report

George Kirikos icann at leap.com
Sun Dec 18 18:52:43 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

Here are my comments on the latest draft.

(all page numbers are for the PDF version, the page numbers differ
slightly in the MS Word version)

1. Page 3: section 1.1, 1st paragraph, 3rd line, typo: "organizations"
should be "organizations"

2. Page 3: section 1.1, 2nd paragraph, 2nd line, "Uniform Dispute
Resolution Policy" is actually *NOT* the full name of the UDRP. It
should instead be Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy, see:

https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/help/dndr/udrp-en

3. Page 4: Recommendation #4, 1st paragraph, 2nd line: it'd make more
sense to move "(but not INGOs)" directly after "which IGOs" in the
first line, as it would read better, i.e. "which IGOs (but not INGOs)
may claim….."

*** NB: If this change is made, it may need to be changed elsewhere in
the document too ***

4. page 8: add new line between (4) and (5), to match the spacing of the others

5. page 14, recommendation #3, 2nd paragraph (i.e. the unbolded
section): I would suggest flipping the order of "use and registration"
to become "registration and use" in both the 1st and 3rd lines, as
that's what folks are accustomed to (and to be consistent with the
order in the bolded section in the last line of the paragraph directly
above).

6. page 14, recommendation #4, 2nd line: delete the *second* "(but not
INGOs)" after "certain circumstances". It seems this instance already
followed my suggestion #3 above, about moving "but not INGOs"
direction after "IGOs" in the first line.

7. page 27, section 3.3, first paragraph: would move "(including the
International Red Cross….under a previous GNSO PDP)" up, to directly
after "INGOs" in line 3 of that paragraph.

8. page 32, 3rd paragraph: as noted earlier, it's not correct that no
GAC member elected to become a WG member --- Gary Campbell is from the
GAC, according to:

https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=48347895

9. page 36, 3rd column, top; we should copy the same text from the 3rd
column of page 37 at the top, i.e. "Allowing an IGO to file via a
representative third party" to that section as well (i.e. not just the
rapid relief, but also the UDRP version). Also, the 2nd column of page
36 has "Policy Guidance document to be developed --- that should be
copied above too. Or, as noted by Phil Corwin, comment [A7], perhaps
add a new row in the table to handle both. Comment [A9] is only
applying to the rapid relief section at present.

10. page 41, section 5.1, first paragraph, line 4, typo, change
"wheter" to "whether"

11. page 42, section 5.2, 4th bullet point, typo, change
"disctinction" to "distinction"

12. page 43, section 6.1, first paragraph, 2nd line, typo, change
"condcut" to "conduct"

13. page 45: should double-check the *official* name of each
constituency, as there are slight variations, e.g. at:

http://gnso.icann.org/en/about/stakeholders-constituencies

The draft template is using slightly different language for:

- RrSG ("Registrar" should be plural "Registrars")
- RySG ("Registry" should be plural "Registries")
- NPOC ("Not For Profit Operational Concerns")

14. page 46, section 7.1, 3rd bullet point, typo for "Registries"

15. I stopped my review at page 60. As discussed previously and on the
call, the Swaine document should be reproduced verbatim, with his
original footnote numbering, in its own separate section (can still be
within the same final PDF, though).

Happy Holidays!