[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] PLEASE READ: Co-Chairs' proposal for moving forward to determining consensus

George Kirikos icann at leap.com
Wed Dec 20 02:30:29 UTC 2017

In order to support any appeal, if need be, I actually went back to
the transcripts, which demonstrate how the poll will actually be used.

On October 29, 2017, at the Abu Dhabi meeting, Phil Corwin said:

https://gnso.icann.org/en/meetings/transcript-igo-ingo-crp-gdd-ssr2-29oct17-en.pdf

"We did a consensus – a preliminary consensus call within the working
group on this final question, the question being – and this has never
occurred, and may never occur, but we had to deal with the
question....."

So, that first anonymous poll was actually being openly characterized
and treated by Phil as a "preliminary consensus call". [It's clear
that's how the 2nd poll would actually be used.]

Next, in the transcript of the November 30, 2017 call:

https://gnso.icann.org/en/meetings/transcript-igo-ingo-crp-access-30nov17-en.pdf

Mary Wong said "In which case, and I’ll end with this, then given the
three remaining meetings, if we can get that done and launch a formal
consensus call on all the recommendations before the break at the end
of the year......

So we’re looking at three more meetings, possibly opening a consensus
call before Christmas, closing it out around the 10th of January...."
(page 27)

which is consistent with the idea that the anonymous poll is being
used as a "consensus call", one launching just before Christmas.

Then Phil Corwin followed up with:

"So we’re aiming to basically wrap up discussion by the week of - the
week before Christmas and put out a consensus call and give working
group members two weeks to respond to that." (page 28)

Oh, and how long is the poll? Two week!. So, despite Phil's recent
statements, the prior statements show the truth, that the 2-week poll
beginning before Christmas is being treated as "the consensus call".