[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] Announcement: No Working Group call this week

Zak Muscovitch zak at muscovitch.com
Wed Dec 20 15:54:41 UTC 2017

Dear all,

Further to the emails from George, Mike, and Paul, while I sympathize with
the chairs who understandably want to complete the Working Group, and
although I do not like us getting sidetracked with process, I must also
express my concern and disappointment that an anonymous poll will be relied
on as a substitute for a consensus call on the list, as mandated by the
Guidelines.

It seems to me to be counterproductive to proceed with the proposed
anonymous poll in light of the Guidelines and precedent which this may set,
particularly when there appears to be considerable opposition to this
approach. I would therefore kindly ask the chairs to reconsider in light of
the response that their proposal has received from the Working Group. I
hope that we can find a way to move on in an agreed fashion and
expeditiously assist the chairs with making the appropriate determination
on levels of consensus.

Zak Muscovitch