[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] Message from the Working Group co-chairs

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Thu Dec 21 21:56:12 UTC 2017

Dear all,

Please see the message below that staff is sending on behalf of Phil and Petter, the co-chairs of this IGO-INGO Access to Curative Rights Policy Development Process Working Group.

To all Working Group members and observers:

In view of the objections and questions that have been raised by some members concerning the co-chairs’ authority to proceed with a poll as basis for a subsequent Consensus Call as proposed, we have decided to seek guidance from the GNSO Council, which is the Chartering Organization for this Policy Development Process (PDP) Working Group. Under ICANN’s Bylaws, it is the Council that is responsible for managing the GNSO’s PDPs. Until we receive further direction from the Council, we will not be scheduling any further meetings for this Working Group or launching a poll and subsequent consensus call process.

With best regards,
Phil and Petter