[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] Proposed agenda for upcoming Working Group call on Thursday 16 November

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Tue Nov 14 15:57:43 UTC 2017

Dear all,

Here is the proposed agenda for our next call, scheduled for this Thursday 16 November at 1700 UTC:

  1.  Roll call/updates to SOI
  2.  Review feedback from open community session at ICANN60, and GAC Communique
  3.  Discuss possible relevance of the Nominet appeal process
  4.  Next steps – process for determining final consensus call and timeline

For Agenda Item #2, please review the transcript and/or recording of the ICANN60 session here: https://schedule.icann.org/event/CbFM/gnso-igo-ingo-curative-rights-protections-pdp-wg-face-to-face; as well as the GAC Communique from Abu Dhabi here: https://gac.icann.org/advice/communiques/public/gac-60-abu-dhabi-communique.pdf (the section relevant to IGO protections is under Section VII, on pages 9-10).

For Agenda Item #3, please refer to the links in the message below, with particular reference to Paragraph 20 of the Nominet Dispute Resolution Policy (staff is attempting to find more specific background/information on the appeals process referenced by Paul Keating).

Finally, in terms of a timeline to completion, the co-chairs and staff are proposing the following steps:

  *   Staff will aim to complete a draft Final Report for circulation by 24 November – to allow everyone a week to review the changes that were made from the Initial Report
  *   The draft can be discussed on the next scheduled call after the one being held this week – this will be 30 November (since 23 November is the Thanksgiving holiday in the USA)
  *   The Working Group may take 2-3 meetings to review the updated language of the draft, especially focusing on the text of the proposed final recommendations. The formal Consensus Call for all proposed final recommendations can be launched in mid-December or at the latest before Christmas, closing in early January 2018.
  *   The Final Report to the GNSO Council can be submitted by end-January 2018.

Thanks and cheers
Mary