[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] [Ext] Re: George Kirikos comments on July 2, 2018 draft final report, Part 3 (was Re: FOR REVIEW: Updated Draft Final Report)

George Kirikos icann at leap.com
Thu Jul 5 08:07:09 UTC 2018

Hi folks,

I'm also concerned that today is Thursday, and we've not seen the text of
any Motion (due by Monday July 9th) to actually vote on approval of the PDP
Final Report (if we manage to have it delivered by Monday). What's the
point of delivering the report on Monday, if there's no accompanying Motion
to actually vote to approve its recommendations? If they punt their Council
vote until August, then its crazy for us to have to put forth an unpolished
report so far in advance of an August vote.

[And when I say "unpolished", I challenge the GNSO Council to look at all
the issues I've found in my review:

https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-igo-ingo-crp/2018-July/001345.html
(Part 1)
https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-igo-ingo-crp/2018-July/001349.html
(Part 2)
https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-igo-ingo-crp/2018-July/001350.html
(Part 3)

and ask themselves whether the draft delivered this past Monday was
"ready."]

As of right now, no such motions (nor any other motions or documents) have
been submitted for the Monday July 9th documents and motions "deadline":

https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/council/2018-July/date.html

That's another justification for having Council move their own meeting to
July 26th (from July 19th). While Mary wrote that "in our experience, the
Council has never changed a scheduled date for a Council meeting to
accommodate the submission of a PDP report", they should change the
scheduled date for additional reasons, including:

- only 3 week gap between a meeting on the 19th and the prior meeting
(meaning not much 'new business' even exists to consider at a meeting on
the 19th, as evidenced by the lack of any other documents/motions having
been submitted so far)
- it was 'unprecedented (their words) to unilaterally impose the 'deadline'
they did, but starve us of the resources/time to finish properly (had to
essentially beg for today's call during the Section 3.7 appeal call we had,
which is insufficient, and we should have had the draft report far in
advance of this past Monday; we should have had a call last week, too)
- as of right now (8 hours before our call), I'm the only person who has
actually submitted comments (extensive ones); given the short time since
receiving the latest draft, combined with the July 4th holiday, it's very
probable that few (if any) other members have had the opportunity to even
read the latest draft report; obviously the report would benefit from
having other people besides myself actually read it and review it
thoroughly before it goes to Council and then the Board.
- need to provide sufficeint time for Minority Reports (while Mary is
correct the Consensus Recommendations and Designations Levels were
finalized on June 21, we've not seen the finalized text of the Final Report
until this past Monday; i.e. the comments in the minority reports concern
not just the Recommendations, but whatever else is in the (unfinished)
Final Report.

Council should advise us *before* today's call (8 hours from now).