[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] [Ext] Re: FOR REVIEW: Updated Draft Final Report

George Kirikos icann at leap.com
Sun Jul 8 11:27:10 UTC 2018

While reserving all rights under the revived Section 3.7 appeal (to
have the Final Report "deadline" be made realistic; under the "rules"
as I understand them, the PDP membership alone is responsible for
their Work Plan, and the PDP Charter hasn't been amended; at best, all
that GNSO Council could have done was "gone nuclear", namely suspend
or terminate the PDP, and not impose a binding "deadline"), I'd like
to point out that for Minority Reports, under the prior IGO PDP, the
deadline for minority reports was *5* Days after the final report was
filed with GNSO Council. See:

https://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-igo-ingo/msg01091.html (very poorly
formatted)
https://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-igo-ingo/msg01092.html  (easier to
read this email, which quoted the prior email in its entirety at the
bottom)

"•         In particular, Minority Position statements are provided in
Supplement A.  However, this supplement is yet to be finalized.  In
order to  meet the 10 Nov 2013 GNSO Council Motions & Documents
Deadline, the minority positions were migrated to the supplement and
WG stakeholders have until 15 Nov 2013 @ 23:59 to submit revisions or
new positions."

Mary would certainly have been aware of the prior PDP's 5 days
allowance for Minority Reports, as she was part of ICANN staff support
for that PDP!

https://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-igo-ingo/
https://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-igo-ingo/msg01097.html
https://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-igo-ingo/msg01080.html

The fact that ICANN Staff now suggest *3* days as the appropriate time
limit is yet another example of how this PDP's work has been
continually sabotaged, held to different standards, to prevent the
highest quality work from being submitted.

https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-igo-ingo-crp/2018-July/001372.html

"Susan will revert with a proposed deadline for the submission of
minority statements – for the present, and subject to Susan’s views
and report, staff will suggest COB in your time zone on Thursday 12
July (to allow for the updated annex to be sent to the Council before
the end of the week)." [July 12 is 3 days after July 9, for those
unable to do the math]

Furthermore, I do not intend to read or amend the draft Final Report
any longer, while this Section 3.7 appeal is in effec. I appear to be
the only person who has even attempted to read it and improve it, yet
today is 1 day before it's due! We have to stop pretending that the
Final Report is in good shape and ready for submission, and I won't be
part of that pretending any longer. [I'll rely on my own words in my
own minority statement]

Specifically, I *disavow* the current draft Final Report. While I
believe the Recommendations themselves have been accurately recorded,
the supporting rationales and other text in that document are not in
good shape yet for submission to GNSO Council. So, to the extent that
there are errors and omissions in whatever gets submitted, the
responsibility falls upon those who submitted it, against the wishes
of other members of the PDP.

And to be even clearer, I'd like to know (and I'm sure other members
of this PDP would love to know) who actually supports (i.e. doesn't
disavow, as I do) the submission of the Final Report as it stands.
Right now, it only appears that Heather (GNSO Chair, not a member of
this PDP), Susan (liaison), and perhaps Petter, support the submission
of the Final Report tomorrow. Whoever supports the submission should
speak up and "own it" affirmatively. i.e. post something like "I've
read the Final Report *and* support its submission to GNSO Council at
this time." Yet, that would actually require, as a first step actually
reading the Final Report! (something most members haven't done yet)!