[Gnso-igo-ingo-crp] Something Magical Is Happening (was Re: Public Display of Possible Consensus)

George Kirikos icann at leap.com
Tue May 8 23:31:41 UTC 2018

Petter:

The true history is very different from what you wrote. First, it's not a
"vote". It's an attempt at consensus, via a public and transparent display
of where folks stand on the various options. I simply wanted the process as
per the ICANN Working Group Guidelines to be followed, which wasn't
happening back in October through December of 2017. It's all been said
before in the Section 3.7 appeal documents, that are on the wiki, and on
this mailing list.

To suggest I had plans to move the decision-making to GNSO Council is not
credible. Cite something or anything that shows that I had "plans" of that
nature. I simply wanted to prevent you and Phil from violating the working
group guidelines. If you look at what I asked for in the Appeal (which is
on page 1 of it), it was:

https://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-igo-ingo-crp/2018-January/001035.html

"B. REMEDIES SOUGHT

1. The specific remedies sought are:
(a) Proposed use of second anonymous poll by Co-Chairs shall be disallowed,
as it is inconsistent with the WGG;
(b) Past use of first anonymous poll by Co-Chairs shall be declared null
and void, as it was inconsistent with the WGG; and
(c) The GNSO shall appoint a completely neutral and independent Chair as
allowed for under Section 6.1.3 of the WGG. In the alternative, that the
GNSO use a professional facilitator to help ensure neutrality and promote
consensus as allowed for under Section 6.1.3."

Nothing close to what you said.

Furthermore, Section 3.7 says nothing about stopping working group
meetings. That was your choice, not mine. Further, there were no calls
scheduled last week, or the week before. Again, not my choice.

Now that we know where the level of support is (as some of us haven't given
up trying to get the job done), we should wrap things up accordingly, with
a final report that reflects the actual views of members, that have been
transparently provided.