[Gnso-igo-ingo] Recordings, attendance & AC Chat from the First meeting of the reconvened IGO-INGO Protections in all gTLDs PDP Working Group on Red Cross Names call on Wednesday, 14 June 2017 at 14:00 UTC

Michelle DeSmyter michelle.desmyter at icann.org
Wed Jun 14 21:21:51 UTC 2017

Dear all,

Please find below the mp3, attendance, Adobe Connect recording and chat for the First meeting of the reconvened IGO-INGO Protections in all gTLDs PDP Working Group on Red Cross Names held on 14 June 2017 at 14:00 UTC.

Mp3:  https://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-igo-ingo-pdp-14jun17-en.mp3

AC recording: https://participate.icann.org/p39bvnr2rpw/

The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page: http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar

Agenda Wiki page:   https://community.icann.org/x/l0fwAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Michelle

---------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for 14 June 2017

  Michelle DeSmyter:Welcome to the First meeting of the reconvened PDP Working Group on Red Cross names on Wednesday, 14 June 2017 at 18:00 UTC.
  Michelle DeSmyter:Agenda wiki page: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_l0fwAw&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=uqqjn3HCYulbrAmPx13NUbi-DNOehtFzQblz0J5Pbr0&s=IPeG5FVB8aDNI2lnCS81-Q22pSBgJvuyUnryrhU3jzY&e=
  Donna Austin, Neustar:what's another couple of minutes on top of three years?
  James Bladel:Staff notes that Thomas is dialing in to the brdige.
  Osvaldo Novoa:Hello all
  avri doria:here we are again, nothing to be done about it.
  James Bladel:was that Michelle? Can't hear.
  James Bladel:?
  Mary Wong:Is that better?
  Mary Wong:Please mute if you're not speaking, thank you!
  Thomas Rickert, Chair:Hi all, sorry I had technical difficulties getting in.
  Thomas Rickert, Chair:The motion that was adopted by the GNSO Council way back when was and I guess still is the longest motion in our history.
  avri doria:so, were we to just accept what they want we would be done?  anyone?
  Mary Wong:We can upload the text of Recommendation 5 as well as the Red Cross Minority Statement about these National Society names, if that will be helpful.
  avri doria:i am not necessarly suggesting it, just defining one possible outcome.
  Osvaldo Novoa:I would support this, I was opposed to the protection of the acronyms, not the full names.
  James Bladel:I think we may have covered most of Agenda #4.
  avri doria:is it correct to  also assume this group gates the end of the Subsequent Procedures PDP?
  avri doria:i would assume it is like asking to have an exam regraded, one can lose what they had - especially any interim decsions made by the board (were there any?)
  Mary Wong:@Avri, the Red Cross names and acronyms are currently reserved as an interim measure - so once the Board acts on the GNSO recommendations (whether to approve or otherwise) the interim protections will go away, and the final Board approval will govern.
  avri doria:So, Mary, we could bring a decsion differnt from the Board's interim decsion and remove those names fro the reservation list.
  avri doria:agan, not recommending, just looking for the boundary conditions.
  avri doria:does our procedure require a round of "constituency/sg/SOAC comments" on the issues?
  Mary Wong:Note that following the WG's consultation, the proposal still has to be published for public comment before the Council takes a final vote.
  Mary Wong:@Avri, not expressly - but doesn't mean the WG or the Council can't call for these.
  James Bladel::)
  Mary Wong:We note that the Red Cross' Minority Statement (now on screen) mentions protection under international and domestic laws, and specifically highlights the adjectives in a National Society name.
  avri doria:how often we meeting?
  Osvaldo Novoa:Ok
  Stéphane Hankins:Is there any intention  for this to be in any way discussed in Johannesburg?
  James Bladel:Correct.
  James Bladel::)
  Donna Austin, Neustar:Thank you to everyone for making yourselves available.
  avri doria:bye
  Osvaldo Novoa:Thank you and see you in Joahnnesburg
  James Bladel:Thanks, Thomas & Staff.  And thanks everyone for coming back in to service after such a long break!