[Gnso-igo-ingo] Recordings, attendance & AC Chat from the First meeting of the reconvened IGO-INGO Protections in all gTLDs PDP Working Group on Red Cross Names call on Wednesday, 14 June 2017 at 14:00 UTC

Chuck Gomes Consulting consult at cgomes.com
Thu Jun 15 03:05:13 UTC 2017

I apologize for missing this meeting. For some reason the meeting request
was corrupted, indicating that the meeting was moved.  I will listen to the
recording.

Chuck

meeting of the reconvened IGO-INGO Protections in all gTLDs PDP Working
Group on Red Cross Names call on Wednesday, 14 June 2017 at 14:00 UTC

Dear all,

Please find below the mp3, attendance, Adobe Connect recording and chat for
the First meeting of the reconvened IGO-INGO Protections in all gTLDs PDP
Working Group on Red Cross Names held on 14 June 2017 at 14:00 UTC.

Mp3:   <https://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-igo-ingo-pdp-14jun17-en.mp3>
https://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-igo-ingo-pdp-14jun17-en.mp3

AC recording:  <https://participate.icann.org/p39bvnr2rpw/>
https://participate.icann.org/p39bvnr2rpw/

Calendar page:  <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar>
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar

http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-igo-ingo/

Agenda Wiki page:    <https://community.icann.org/x/l0fwAw>
https://community.icann.org/x/l0fwAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Michelle

———————————————

Adobe Connect chat transcript for 14 June 2017

  Michelle DeSmyter:Welcome to the First meeting of the reconvened PDP
Working Group on Red Cross names on Wednesday, 14 June 2017 at 18:00 UTC.

  Michelle DeSmyter:Agenda wiki page:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_l
0fwAw
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_
l0fwAw&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6
TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=uqqjn3HCYulbrAmPx13NU
bi-DNOehtFzQblz0J5Pbr0&s=IPeG5FVB8aDNI2lnCS81-Q22pSBgJvuyUnryrhU3jzY&e=>
&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zm
yci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=uqqjn3HCYulbrAmPx13NUbi-DNO
ehtFzQblz0J5Pbr0&s=IPeG5FVB8aDNI2lnCS81-Q22pSBgJvuyUnryrhU3jzY&e=

  Donna Austin, Neustar:what's another couple of minutes on top of three
years?

  James Bladel:Staff notes that Thomas is dialing in to the brdige.

  Osvaldo Novoa:Hello all

  avri doria:here we are again, nothing to be done about it.

  James Bladel:was that Michelle? Can't hear.

  James Bladel:?

  Mary Wong:Is that better?

  Mary Wong:Please mute if you're not speaking, thank you!

  Thomas Rickert, Chair:Hi all, sorry I had technical difficulties getting
in.

  Thomas Rickert, Chair:The motion that was adopted by the GNSO Council way
back when was and I guess still is the longest motion in our history.

  avri doria:so, were we to just accept what they want we would be done?
anyone?

  Mary Wong:We can upload the text of Recommendation 5 as well as the Red
Cross Minority Statement about these National Society names, if that will be
helpful.

  avri doria:i am not necessarly suggesting it, just defining one possible
outcome.

  Osvaldo Novoa:I would support this, I was opposed to the protection of the
acronyms, not the full names.

  James Bladel:I think we may have covered most of Agenda #4.

  avri doria:is it correct to  also assume this group gates the end of the
Subsequent Procedures PDP?

  avri doria:i would assume it is like asking to have an exam regraded, one
can lose what they had - especially any interim decsions made by the board
(were there any?)

  Mary Wong:@Avri, the Red Cross names and acronyms are currently reserved
as an interim measure - so once the Board acts on the GNSO recommendations
(whether to approve or otherwise) the interim protections will go away, and
the final Board approval will govern.

  avri doria:So, Mary, we could bring a decsion differnt from the Board's
interim decsion and remove those names fro the reservation list.

  avri doria:agan, not recommending, just looking for the boundary
conditions.

  avri doria:does our procedure require a round of "constituency/sg/SOAC
comments" on the issues?

  Mary Wong:Note that following the WG's consultation, the proposal still
has to be published for public comment before the Council takes a final
vote.

  Mary Wong:@Avri, not expressly - but doesn't mean the WG or the Council
can't call for these.

  James Bladel::)

  Mary Wong:We note that the Red Cross' Minority Statement (now on screen)
mentions protection under international and domestic laws, and specifically
highlights the adjectives in a National Society name.

  avri doria:how often we meeting?

  Osvaldo Novoa:Ok

  Stéphane Hankins:Is there any intention  for this to be in any way
discussed in Johannesburg?

  James Bladel:Correct.

  James Bladel::)

  Donna Austin, Neustar:Thank you to everyone for making yourselves
available.

  avri doria:bye

  Osvaldo Novoa:Thank you and see you in Joahnnesburg

  James Bladel:Thanks, Thomas & Staff.  And thanks everyone for coming back
in to service after such a long break!