[Gnso-igo-ingo] Notes from Informal meeting about Red Cross Names at ICANN60

Berry Cobb mail at berrycobb.com
Wed Nov 1 12:11:59 UTC 2017

Hi All,

As part of the notes of the meeting that Mary provided, I would also like to include an example table used during this session that proposes a framework for developing the finite list of identifiers to be protected.  Given the principles mentioned in the notes below; that the list be reconcilable, validated, and free from errors helped to develop this example.  Do note that the elements of this framework are for illustration purposes only.  It does not suggest any agreed elements or formula that will eventually decide which scope of identifiers will be protected such as formal name, common name, respective national language, etc.  All of these elements are still under deliberation by the reconvened group and will be deliberated further at our next session.

In short, column 2 of page one and columns 2 and 3 on page two will become the output by which staff will eventually process these human-readable names and convert them to machine-readable DNS labels that allow for reservation on Specification 5.  This is only a brief description of what this framework hopes to accomplish and I’ll be happy to review it in greater detail if required.

I would also like to mention that Stephane from the RCRC representation provided an example of identifiers that also illustrates a possible formula that defines the scope of identifiers to be protected for the group to consider.  However, it was only given in hard copy.  Stephane, could you send a PDF copy of that example to this list for the reconvened group members that were not able to join us here at ICANN60?

Staff will communicate the schedule of the next meeting shortly.

Thank you.

Berry Cobb

720.839.5735

mail at berrycobb.com