[Gnso-igo-ingo] Reconvened WG - Red Cross Society Names Protections - Update

Stephane Hankins shankins at icrc.org
Wed Apr 25 13:29:58 UTC 2018

Dear Berry, dear Thomas,

Thank you for your message.

Was the agreement not, during the last ConfCall, that the list of National
Societies' names and the GNSO Working Group's draft Report and decision,
would be released for public comment asap and then discussed at ICANN 62.

I went back to the transcript of the last ConfCall, but some parts may be
missing. It does quote Heather however as saying that "[i]n its recent
meeting in Los Angeles, the GNSO Council undertook strategic planning for
the year and raised the question as to whether this reconvened PDP could
be wound up by mid-year".

Would it not be better, subject to the confirmation of the list of
National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies' names by the WG at its
upcoming 10 May session, to aim for the Report to be presented, and for
the GNSO Council's determination to be made, end June in Panama?

Thanks for your thoughts and kind regards,

Stéphane

Stéphane J. Hankins
Legal adviser
Cooperation and Coordination within the Movement
International Committee of the Red Cross
Tel (Prof.):++41 22 730 24 19