[Gnso-igo-ingo] Reconvened WG - Red Cross Society Names Protections - Update

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Wed Apr 25 14:00:53 UTC 2018

Dear Stephane and everyone,

Depending on when the Working Group agrees on its recommendations that are to be published for public comment, that is when staff can go ahead and start the public comment period – and the timeline can be adjusted based on that date, if need be. However, please note that before the report is then submitted to the GNSO Council, the Working Group is obliged to review all public comments submitted (if any) and determine if any changes need to be made to its recommendations and/or report. Given that the deadline for documents for the Council’s consideration in Panama is 10 June, staff believes that it is highly unlikely that the final report can be submitted in time for the Council to consider it at its meeting in Panama.

For your information, the document deadline for the Council’s July 2018 meeting is 9 July.

We hope this is helpful.

Thanks and cheers
Mary