[Gnso-igo-ingo] Reconvened WG Timeline - Proposed

mail at berrycobb.com mail at berrycobb.com
Mon May 14 18:50:20 UTC 2018

Hi All,

Below is a tentative timeline to complete the work of the Reconvened WG.
Given the work remaining to ready the report & definitive list for public
comment, a 30-40 day public comment period, ICANN62, and review of comments
to Final Report, it is not likely we will be able to meet the 9 July 2018
Documents & Motions deadline to submit the report to the GNSO Council.
Therefore, the following timeline is proposed:

23,24, or 25 May

Next meeting of the Reconvened WG (possible start of consensus call)

31 May

Reconvened WG meeting if required

04 June

Start of Public Comment Period

23-28 June

ICANN62

04 July

Close of Comment Period (30 days per Council resolution)

05 July

Reconvened WG meeting to review comments and prepare Final Report

12 July

Reconvened WG meeting to review comments and prepare Final Report

14 July

Close of Comment Period (40 days per standard)

19 July

Reconvened WG meeting to review comments and prepare Final Report

26 July

Reconvened WG meeting to review comments and prepare Final Report

06 August

GNSO Council's Documents and Motion deadline / Send Final Report

16 August

GNSO Council meeting

You will notice there's a bit of slack in the initial timeline should we not
be able to start the consensus call after we review the draft
recommendations at next week's meeting.  Given current agreements among the
Reconvened WG, it is doubtful we will need the four meetings to review the
comments and prepare the final report.  As stated, it's the 9 July deadline
that makes this a tight schedule, but not impossible to meet.  However,
given current workloads and decisions about a 30 or 40 day public comment
period, and not know the amount of comments received make it risky to
achieve.

Of course, this proposed timeline is up for discussion on the list and at
our next meeting.  We welcome thoughts and input from WG members.

Thank you.

Berry A. Cobb

GNSO Policy Consultant

720.839.5735