[Gnso-igo-ingo] Revisions required to the Table of National Red Cross and Red Crescent names and identifiers

mail at berrycobb.com mail at berrycobb.com
Tue Feb 5 15:44:02 UTC 2019

Hi All,

At its 27 Jan 2019 meeting, the ICANN Board adopted the GNSO’s consensus recommendations as set by the IGO-INGO Reconvened WG (https://www.icann.org/resources/board-material/resolutions-2019-01-27-en#2.d).  As noted in the resolution, ICANN Org will shortly form an Implementation Review Team (IRT).  You should expect to see a call for volunteers on this mailman list, as well as, other community communication channels if you wish to participate.  Your participation will be helpful to help see this portion to its final conclusion.  It is expected that the IRT shall execute rather swiftly to get to a Policy Effective Date.

Stephane and Jennifer,

Per your request below, the IRT will be able to make the updates to the “Baphalali Eswatini Red Cross Society” master list before it is converted to DNS labels.  The Reconvened WG’s recommendations 4 to 6 from its Final Report were created just for this use case.  Also, it will further help to inform the final procedure for such changes in the future.  Dennis Chang will be leading the IRT and he is aware of this change as well.  I suspect this will be one of the IRT’s early tasks once its formed.

Stay tuned for further notices.

Thank you.

GNSO Policy Consultant

@berrycobbb