[gnso-igo-wt] Agenda RPM - IGO Curative Rights Work Track for 19 April 2021 15:00 UTC Meeting
McGrady, Paul D.
PMcGrady at taftlaw.com
Fri Apr 16 11:12:49 UTC 2021
Thanks Chris and Jeff. I feel a little bit like we are picking out curtains for a house that our real estate agent hasn’t convinced us to buy yet. ☺ So, for now, I think I can safely thank Jeff for the work while at the same time noting that at least the IPC is not at all sure if a new policy is a good idea. We are still discussing internally (substantive concerns) and I personally am not at all sure that we should be creeping this far off charter scope without at least an informal blessing from the Council, or at absolute minimum, Council Leadership, (procedural concerns). I am actively seeking input from the IPC, so I won’t be on this fence forever, I promise.
This message may contain information that is attorney-client privileged, attorney work product or otherwise confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, use and disclosure of this message are prohibited. If you received this transmission in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachments.
From: gnso-igo-wt <gnso-igo-wt-bounces at icann.org> On Behalf Of Chris Disspain via gnso-igo-wt
Sent: Friday, April 16, 2021 1:25 AM
To: Jeff Neuman <jeff at jjnsolutions.com>; gnso-igo-wt at icann.org
Subject: Re: [gnso-igo-wt] Agenda RPM - IGO Curative Rights Work Track for 19 April 2021 15:00 UTC Meeting
Just a note to endorse Jeff’s caveats and disclaimers below and thank him for picking up the pen on all our behalf’s.
On 15 Apr 2021, at 21:34, Jeff Neuman via gnso-igo-wt <gnso-igo-wt at icann.org<mailto:gnso-igo-wt at icann.org>> wrote:
You will see that I am the one that took a stab at the “redlines” of the IGO DRP. I did this to give people something to look at. A couple of disclaimers:
1. No one has endorsed these, I just wanted to help the group make progress.
2. It is for discussion purposes only
3. The language is far from perfect and I am sure can use work.
4. I use the term “Arbitration” to refer to process that could occur if an IGO wins and the Registrant wants to have a rehearing. But that could just as easily be the Super Panel that has been discussed. Don’t focus on what it is called for now, but just know it is a reference to the “to be created rehearing process.”
5. As Brian pointed out on the last call, some of the criteria had to be slightly tweaked because they applied to trademark owners and this applies to the operators/administrators of IGOs. We wanted to make it clear that we were NOT calling them “rights owners”.
6. I hope this helps move the discussion along. If not, then at least nothing was lost.
Jeffrey J. Neuman
Founder & CEO
JJN Solutions, LLC
E: jeff at jjnsolutions.com<mailto:jeff at jjnsolutions.com>
From: gnso-igo-wt <gnso-igo-wt-bounces at icann.org<mailto:gnso-igo-wt-bounces at icann.org>> On Behalf Of policy--- via gnso-igo-wt
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2021 4:17 PM
To: gnso-igo-wt at icann.org<mailto:gnso-igo-wt at icann.org>
Subject: [gnso-igo-wt] Agenda RPM - IGO Curative Rights Work Track for 19 April 2021 15:00 UTC Meeting
Please find below the proposed agenda for next Monday. In particular, the WT is to review the links to two proposed redlines of the UDRP Rules and Policy documents to further the WT’s deliberations.
IGO-CRWT - Meeting #08
Monday 19 April 2021 at 15.00 UTC
1. Roll Call & SOI Updates (5 minutes)
2. Welcome & Chair updates (Chair) (10 minutes)
a. FYI: Work plan & status update to GNSO Council: 22 Apr 2021
3. Four Components of Deliberations (75 minutes)
a. Standing - 6ter vs. GAC List // Agreeing to local jurisdiction
b. Court Proceeding // Arbitration
c. What might amendments to the UDRP (or IGODRP) look like? To support this discussion, consider very preliminary redlines:
· The UDRP - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uHi31ChcJxZ-n0e7zJrW8q251er3VESTEYa92RlgiZc/edit
· The UDRP Rules- https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M3rXhS272tqBW1cIWY5tN-FMHsE5PBkY4CeR-hBMWKs/edit
4. Next steps & closing (5 minutes)
a. Next meeting 26 April 2021 @ 15:00 UTC
Mary, Steve, and Berry
GNSO Policy Consultant
Principal | BAC in Black Consulting<http://bacinblack.com/>
Mob: +1 (720) 839-5735
gnso-igo-wt mailing list
gnso-igo-wt at icann.org<mailto:gnso-igo-wt at icann.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the gnso-igo-wt