[gnso-igo-wt] FW: [council] PLEASE READ: Request from Council leadership in relation to the IGO Work Track

Steve Chan steve.chan at icann.org
Tue Aug 3 00:42:21 UTC 2021

Dear WT Members,

As noted on today’s WT call, Council leadership has proposed a path forward to ensure that any Consensus Policy recommendations you all make will have proper standing. Below, you will see that this approach involves initiating an EPDP with a charter that is consistent with the Addendum [gnso.icann.org] that this group currently operates against. The Council has until 6 August to note any objections to initiating an EPDP.

This approach is intended to provide the legitimacy needed to allow this group to make Consensus Policy recommendations while also causing as little disruption to the group as possible. Please see the email below for further details.

Best,

Mary, Berry, and Steve