[gnso-igo-wt] FOR REVIEW & DISCUSSION: UPDATED Draft Initial Report (EPDP on Specific Curative Rights Protections for IGOs)

BECKHAM Brian brian.beckham at wipo.int
Fri Aug 27 08:41:46 UTC 2021

Thanks Mary, all,

I think in light of the last call, and the revised text (where nothing is highlighted), maybe we can get rid of this at 2.1.1:  “(Added emphasis to highlight that in addition to feedback on the entire Initial Report, the Work Track is specifically seeking public comment on this element.)”

On page 13, I do not think it was just IGOs that had raised this concern, so perhaps the original wording is more accurate            .

Regarding the text moved to page 19, could we please add this (including the parens) at the end of the sentence:  “(others felt that arbitration was sufficiently in keeping with the instructions that any recommendations be generally consistent with the prior PDP recommendations”).

Brian