[gnso-igo-wt] Kick off email for discuss

McGrady, Paul D. PMcGrady at taftlaw.com
Thu Jul 1 12:41:29 UTC 2021

Thanks Kavouss.

All, it appears we now have three options regarding Choice of Law:

1.  The parties deciding at the time of agreeing to arbitration;
2.  The arbitrator making the decision in all cases; or
3.  The arbitrator making the decision in cases where the parties agree to arbitration but cannot agree on a Choice of Law.

I can live with any of these three, since ultimately a party can decide not to engage in arbitration of they do not have control over the Choice of Law.  If we wish to promote the use of binding arbitration, it seems to me that 1 is the most likely to do so, followed by 3 and then lastly 2.

Best,
Paul