[gnso-igo-wt] FOR DISCUSSION & FINALIZATION: Updated draft recommendations (IGO EPDP)

Mary Wong mary.wong at icann.org
Wed Sep 1 19:54:57 UTC 2021

Dear all,

At the EPDP leadership team’s request, staff has prepared an updated set of draft preliminary recommendations for your continued discussion and, hopefully, finalization for purposes of going to Public Comments. Due to the number of comments and suggested changes over the last two weeks and calls, these updates have been incorporated into a clean document (attached). We are also attaching a second document that summarizes the differences between the UDRP and URS, as requested – this content will also be incorporated (reworded appropriately) in the Initial Report.

Staff believes that the draft recommendations reflect the agreements and action items from the last two calls, and we have included comments that indicate what and where those are. We have also added comments to highlight suggestions that were made and not finalized as well as input from Jeff Neuman that was an action item he had following Monday’s call. As previously, please do not redline the document; instead, please respond to this mailing list with any specific concerns or comments you have with a recommendation.

In reviewing the attached document, please also note the following:

  *   At the leadership team’s request and to close out an action item for staff to find a way to more clearly depict the arbitration option under consideration, we have broken out what used to be a single Recommendation 2C into three separate recommendations: Recommendation 3 (UDRP), Recommendation 4 (URS), and Recommendation 5 (applicable law). While this required a certain amount of repetition, we hope that the result is a more readable and clearly-understandable set of interdependent/linked recommendations.
  *   We have also highlighted square bracketed text (i.e. each of the options under consideration) in yellow, to call out the options more clearly to the reader.

Staff is continuing to review and update the draft Initial Report based on the comments and suggestions to date; we will also be circulating a proposed flow chart showing the arbitration option for a URS proceeding.

Thank you.

Cheers
Steve. Berry & Mary