[gnso-igo-wt] EPDP - Recommendations 4/5

Jay Chapman jay at digimedia.com
Mon Feb 14 14:00:00 UTC 2022

Hello Everyone!

Regarding draft rec 4 ii, which was suggested as follows:

*In communicating a UDRP panel decision to the parties where the
complainant is an IGO Complainant, the*
*UDRP provider shall request that the registrant indicate whether it agrees
that final review of the panel*
*determination will be conducted via binding arbitration, subject to the
registrant’s right to initiate court*
*proceedings prior to requesting arbitration. The request shall include
information regarding the applicable*
*arbitral rules.*

There is no need for a UDRP losing respondent/registrant to expressly agree
to a court or arbitration provider prior to going to either, because such
respondent/registrant would have already agreed to ICANN's rules on the
matter (what this EPDP is currently assessing).

Sincerely,
Jay Chapman

<http://digimedia.com>
Digimedia.com - 102 S. Broadway, #200 - Edmond, OK 73034
jay at digimedia.com - (940) 691-1800

This e-mail & any attachment(s) is(/are) confidential & only for the
intended recipient(s).  If you are not an intended recipient, please
immediately notify me, delete this e-mail & all attachment(s).