[gnso-igo-wt] First Draft of Final Report

Berry Cobb Berry.Cobb at icann.org
Sat Mar 5 16:00:59 UTC 2022

Dear EPDP,

Please read this email in its entirety before reviewing the attached draft Final Report.

The leadership team presents you with the first draft of the Final Report for your review. It should be used as a tool for you to collaborate with your respective groups during ICANN73 and where applicable help you to prepare a minority statement, if any. Staff will provide an overview of the report as part of our agenda on 14 Mar 2022.

Please consider the following points and instructions to prepare for our next meeting:

  1.  Please do NOT make redline changes to the attached report. It will be difficult for staff to manage multiple inputs into a master document. Any input, suggested changes, or general feedback should be sent to the full email list.
  2.  We are now seeking input for substantive “can’t live with” changes only (minor edits will take place after the 14 March meeting):
     *   Section 2.1 contains the core recommendations. Based on our review of the recommendations on our last call, the leadership team is not anticipating any “can’t live with” items. However, if your respective group does, now is the time to signal it as we will be begin the consensus call process after our next call.
     *   Section 2.2 contains the Policy Impact Analysis. Staff accepted all the redline changes for this section to reduce the noise as it has changed substantially from the version we reviewed in the Initial Report. The proposed text is based on the discussion from the last EPDP call.
     *   Annex A contains the arbitral rules principles. Staff also accepted all the redline changes here too. Staff was instructed by the chair to take an original draft produced by Jeff’s research and compile the exchanges over email from the small team formed to discuss this. As a reminder, these principles are connected to recommendations 4 & 5.
  3.  Prior to our next call, please submit to the mailing list and “can’t live with” items with the line numbers and a statement about the issue your group may have. Staff will compile this list and these will be reviewed as part of the agenda on 14 March.

Our schedule ahead:
Date

Action / Milestone

Meeting #43 –

  *   Review arbitral rules principles from small team
  *   Overview of Final Report and can’t live with items
  *   Discuss consensus call process

  *   Post Call - Chair’s initial consensus designation; consensus call process begins
  *   EPDP to review Final Report and submit non-substantive edits

Meeting #44 –

  *   Review non-substantive edits as required
  *   Review and discuss issues with Chair’s consensus designations, if any

Meeting #45 –

  *   Final review non-substantive edits as required
  *   Chair’s final consensus level designations

Meeting #46 – If required

  *   Minority statements due

Submit Final Report to GNSO Council

Thank you.

Mary, Steve and Berry

Berry Cobb
Policy Development – Senior Program Manager

Mobile: TBD
Phone: +1 202 570 7240
Fax: +1 202 789 0104
Twitter: @berrycobb