[gnso-igo-wt] EPDP consensus designation

Chris Disspain chris at disspain.uk
Mon Mar 14 19:25:39 UTC 2022

Dear All,

We have reached today an important milestone in the EPDP. As promised, I am sharing with you the consensus designation I have made for the policy recommendations contained in our draft Final Report.

Following the GNSO Working Group Guidelines provision, this is the first iteration of the consensus designation. The table identifies the consensus designation that I believe we have achieved for each policy recommendation. The designation is based on the outcome of our deliberations today.

As mentioned previously, this is an iterative process but also not an endless one. So I would like to ask each group to indicate if they believe the consensus designation is not the correct one.  Please do that asap to help me to review the received input and make the necessary updates in a timely manner. I am hoping that this process will be straightforward and we all come swiftly to a general understanding on the consensus designations. The period of 14 to 20 March 2022 is for the EPDP Team to respond to consensus designations and share its feedback. For ease of use, you can use the table to share your input.

We have tried our best to revolve concerns and to reach agreements. The product is not perfect but it is the result of a consensus process and a lot of compromise. This is not the time for revisions or re-opening discussions but it is for finalising our deliverable. So, please, let’s stay focused.

I acknowledge there may be disagreements and concerns. As I said during the call today, you have the opportunity to get those  on the record through the minority statement where you can go into details and explain your rationale. Even if you support a consensus position, you can still provide a statement to make your views heard. I urge you to submit them by the deadline of 28 March in order to be included.

Cheers,

Chris Disspain
chris at disspain.uk

+44 7880 642456