[gnso-impl-udrp-rt] For your review: report of public comments + implementation dates

Caitlin Tubergen caitlin.tubergen at icann.org
Mon Aug 18 23:36:06 UTC 2014

Dear All:

Attached, please find a Report of Public Comments, which I intend to publish
on ICANN's website next week.  Please take a look at the report and provide
feedback, if any, by Tuesday, 26 August.  I have also included a copy of the
modified UDRP Rules.  The changes from the last iteration of the modified
rules have been highlighted in yellow.

Regarding implementation deadlines, ICANN Staff has received feedback from
many contracted parties about instituting more predictable implementation
cycles for policy updates.  Recent updates to the IRTP and the new
Additional Whois Information Policy (AWIP) were announced in July with an
effective date of 31 January.  In keeping with the six month implementation
cycles, what does the group think about announcing the modified UDRP Rules
on 1 February 2015 with an effective date of 1 August 2015?

Please let me know if these dates sound reasonable, and thank you again for
your participation.

Kind regards,

Caitlin Tubergen
Registrar Relations and Contracts Manager
ICANN