[gnso-impl-udrp-rt] Revised UDRP Rules Feedback

Luc SEUFER lseufer at dclgroup.eu
Thu May 15 16:17:16 UTC 2014

Hi Caitlin,

I am still not a fan of the Lock definition as it doesn’t make much sense from a sheer pragmatic/logical point of view.

According to the current wording, Registrars have to apply a series of measures that prevent the respondent and themselves to operate certain modifications on the disputed domain name.

To me (analogy alert) it is like asking someone who has the key to a safe to lock such safe in a manner that even them can’t open it. So save as throwing this key and become unable to reopen it ever, this makes not much sense.

The logic behind the locking is to prevent the respondent and third parties to alter the registration, not to prevent Registrars from ensuring the status quo. And more especially to unlock the domain at the conclusion of the proceedings.

I would therefore amend this definition as in the attached.

Thanks,

Luc