[gnso-irtpd] MP3 IRTP Part D Working Group - Monday 20 May 2013 at 15:00 UTC

Gisella Gruber Gisella.Gruber at icann.org
Mon May 20 20:02:17 UTC 2013

Dear All,

The next Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy (IRTP) Part D Working Group
teleconference will be held on Monday 27th May 2013, subject to sufficient
attendance due to the US Bank Holiday on Monday 27th May 2013. The call
confirmation will be sent out by Friday 24 May 2013. Please do email GNSO
Secretariats <gnso-secs at icann.org> if you are NOT able to attend.

Please find the MP3 recording for the IRTP Part D Working Group call held on
Monday 20 May 2013 at 15:00 UTC at:
http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-irtp-d-20130520-en.mp3

On page:
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#may

The recordings and transcriptions of the calls are posted on the GNSO

Master Calendar page:

http://gnso.icann.org/calendar/

Attendees:

James Bladel ­ RrSG

Kristine Dorrain ­ NAF

Barbara Knight ­ RySG

Mikey O'Connor ­ ISPCP

Jill Titzer ­ RrSG
Bartlett Morgan ­ NCUC
Chris Chaplow - CBUC

Simonetta Batteiger - RrSG
Kevin Erdman - IPC
Holly Raiche - ALAC
Bob Mountain ­ RySG
Alan Greenberg - ALAC

Apologies:
Avri Doria ­ NCSG
Michele Neylon - RrSG (standing weekly apology)
Rob Golding ­ RrSG
Volker Greimann - RrSG
Graeme Bunton ­ RrSG
Oliver Hope- RrSG
Paul Diaz - RySG
Angie Graves ­ CBUC
Marika Konings - ICANN Staff

ICANN staff:

Lars Hoffman

Gisella Gruber

Mailing list archives:

http://forum.icann.org/lists/gnso-irtpd/

Wiki page:

https://community.icann.org/x/B4JwAg

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Gisella

For GNSO Secretariat

Adobe Chat Transcript for Monday 20 May 2013:

  Lars Hoffmann:Welcome to the IRTP Part D PDP Working Group meeting on
Monday 20 May 2013
  Jill Titzer:Good morning
  Gisella Gruber-White:Please state your names
  Gisella Gruber-White:Bank Holiday in France, Belgium and Germany
  Bob Mountain:Isn't every day a holiday in Europe?
  Gisella Gruber-White:Monday 27 May - Bank Holiday in US 7 UK
  Gisella Gruber-White:UK & US that is!
  Bartlett Morgan:Bank Holiday in Barbados as well
  Simonetta Batteiger:won't be able to join next week
  Gisella Gruber-White:Chris Chaplow has joined the AC room
  Chris Chaplow:and now on line, sorry to be late had a rush of last minute
things
  Gisella Gruber-White:Apology from Angie Graves for this call
  Barbara:Even though a registrant cannot lodge a dispute with the registry
directly, they should have access to how they can raise an issue with their
registrar who can raise a dispute on their behalf with the registry.
  Chris Chaplow:Alan, thanks I think the BC statement was general and not
specially limited in scope.
  Alan Greenberg:@Barbara, that is what I was trying to say.
  Barbara::-)
  Alan Greenberg:In rights and resp IF it iis a right that we give them. BUt
now, it is just awaremness that it is a registrar option
  Bob Mountain:If you want the customer to find it it might be better to
have it in FAQs or something along those lines.
  Simonetta Batteiger:Agree with Bob Mountain
  Simonetta Batteiger:an FAQ would be good
  Kristine Dorrain:I see value it keeping some information at the registrar
level because, as Simonetta said,  that is the first place most registrants
would look.  I think many registrants are not familiar with ICANN as a
resource (or for any other reason)
  Alan Greenberg:Amazingly long (and subtle) discussion folling an innocent
short comment!
  Mike O'Connor:The BC people.  Pithy.
  Alan Greenberg:Again, agree with Simonetta.
  Holly Raiche:I agree with James - the Rights and Respnsibilities document
includes statements that are more about information - so maybe the document
could include a statement about the options for a registrant
  Alan Greenberg:Remember, as usual we are not as worried at ensuring that a
registrant who is using a "best of breed" registrar, but one using a
less-than-helpful registrar (ie one of those that does not likely pay in
this WG).
  Lars Hoffmann:i will look into that.
  Mike O'Connor:the trick is, nobody else does
  Mike O'Connor:and registrants don't know either
  Mike O'Connor:James: you can skip the next agenda item -- i've been
lobbying Volker to wait a bit so we can address some of the points that
Marika made in her note.
  Alan Greenberg:I need to leave...
  Bladel:Thanks, sorry for running over our time.