Re: [gnso-irtpd] Happy new year and Š Monday's agenda

James M. Bladel jbladel at godaddy.com
Fri Jan 3 14:17:37 UTC 2014

J.

*****JMB -  Yes, this is what we do as well.

>> - the registrar does not even send it at all
>
>Are ICANN siggesting they'll start doing something about the repeat
>offenders of that little 'trick' ?

*****JMB - Registrars are required to send it within 5 days of request,
but I agree that enforcement is problematic and inconsistent.

>> FOA related:
>> - the registrar does not send the FOA
>> - sends it to someone who is not a Transfer Contact
>
>A Transfer Contact - what's that ? I've only ever heard of Regsitrant,
>Admin, Tech and Billing contacts

*****JMB - IRTP defines the Transfer Contact as either the Registrant OR
the Admin Contact.  But as you¹ve pointed out, in practical terms & thin
registries, the Admin Contact = Transfer Contact.