[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt4] Fwd: interesting reading about value of findings of Name Collisions

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Thu Oct 27 13:19:56 UTC 2016

The ICANN-commissioned CDAR study of the effects of new gTLDs on the root zone presented in the RIPE meeting a draft summary of their findings so far:
https://ripe73.ripe.net/presentations/147-cdar-ripe-73.pptx

The CDAR study will definitely be a factor to consider in the name collisions part of WT4, but since the above report is a draft subject to change we won't add it to Wiki just now, although adding https://newgtlds.icann.org/en/reviews/ssr <https://newgtlds.icann.org/en/reviews/ssr> where new developments of this study are likely to appear is probably a good thing.

While this is not in the agenda for our meeting today, it's in scope for AOB if there is interest.

Rubens