[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt4] Attendance, Recording, AC recording, & AC Chat from New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team Track 4 ­ IDNs/Technical & Operations call on Thursday, 3 August 2017 20:00 UTC

Julie Bisland julie.bisland at icann.org
Thu Aug 3 21:20:41 UTC 2017

Dear All,

Please find the attendance and recording of the call attached to this email. The Adobe Connect recording and AC Chat are below for the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 4 – IDNs/Technical & Operations held on Thursday, 3 August 2017 at 20:00 UTC.

Adobe Connect recording:   https://participate.icann.org/p891oar0wxj/<https://participate.icann.org/p891oar0wxj/?OWASP_CSRFTOKEN=5b2dc5336e9e583f37412b4dcc6b1845f8f5d4368bbdd44cef8e3b7bedd378ae>

The recordings of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page: http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar

Agenda Wiki page:  https://community.icann.org/x/uwAhB

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Julie

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for 3 August 2017

  Julie Bisland:Welcome to the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 4 – IDNs/Technical & Operations on Thursday, 03 August 2017 at 20:00 UTC

  Julie Bisland:Agenda wiki page:  https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_uwAhB&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=QiF-05YzARosRvTYd84AB_UYInlydmFcjNmBM5XgySw&m=uhZxbLQpg54VNLVKLbnC1gWucpsKRvps-57pQ8-s3QY&s=DzCOp7n9hzUd6GRW7PAld1923MJRBLx5uUKLLv-oMlA&e=

  Julie Bisland:oh gosh, no, just got tongue tied! :)

  Anne Aikman-Scalese (IPC):Thank you for the materials Cheryl and staff!

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):slide 10

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):we also bring in experts and key staff on the topics Alan

  avri doria:Alan, what meeting could possibly anesthetize you?

  Anne Aikman-Scalese (IPC):IN the proposed language for IDN variants of already existing or applied for TLDs, I believe we should add "written" to the language about "by force of agreement".  In other words, "by force of written agreement" would mean the commitment is in the Registry Agreement with ICANN.

  Anne Aikman-Scalese (IPC):THank you Rubens.

  Jeff Neuman:If there is an RSP Program, we should discuss the implementation of that

  Jeff Neuman:Evaluation criteria

  Jeff Neuman:I need to pull up the slide

  Anne Aikman-Scalese (IPC):COMMENT: It does seem that exceptions to controlled interruption to be granted by ICANN.org in its discretion need some policy guidelines rather than being open-ended.

  Anne Aikman-Scalese (IPC):Futher to Alan's previous comment, I doubt I personally have the technical knowledge necessary to provide the policy guidelines for ICANN.org granting exceptions to controlled interruption.  Would need help from technical community so that IS an answer to your question as to whether we need more information.

  Jeff Neuman:Thats because I have not spoken :)

  Anne Aikman-Scalese (IPC):COMMENT: Futher to Alan's previous comment, I doubt I personally have the technical knowledge necessary to provide the policy guidelines for ICANN.org granting exceptions to controlled interruption.  Would need help from technical community so that IS an answer to your question as to whether we need more information.

  Julie Bisland:The next New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team – Track 4 – IDNs/Technical & Operations will take place on Thursday, 17 August 2017 at 03:00 UTC for 60 minutes.

  Jeff Neuman:Thanks!

  Anne Aikman-Scalese (IPC):Thank you everyone

  avri doria:bye