[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt4] Registry Services straw-person

Aikman-Scalese, Anne AAikman at lrrc.com
Thu Aug 31 22:21:59 UTC 2017

Thanks John.  As mentioned on the call and in my email, it is not an objection to having two different tracks.   And I am not insisting on the old system.   The objection is to charging applicants more for making applications that propose new services - that language is in the new straw person.  Charging more for applications that propose new services runs counter to the stated purpose of the new gTLD program, i.e. to encourage innovation and competition.

I also object to delaying discussion of new services to the contracting phase.   I believe these new services form part of the evaluation process.
Anne

Anne E. Aikman-Scalese
Of Counsel
520.629.4428 office