[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt4] Registry Services straw-person

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Thu Aug 31 23:28:04 UTC 2017

> On Aug 31, 2017, at 8:22 PM, Aikman-Scalese, Anne <AAikman at lrrc.com> wrote:
>
> Rubens,
> I don’ t have an objection to establishing 2 tracks – one for established services evaluation and one for new proposed services evaluation.

You don't, but most people do, as both the call and the mailing list discussion have shown.

> I do object to charging more for an application that proposes new services – it’s against the goal of innovation and creativity.

Something that can be raised for applicant support. It's a worthy cause, and lots of jurisdiction give tax breaks to R&D, innovation, entrepreneurship ... it's just out of scope for WT4.

>  I do object to dealing with proposals for new services in the contracting phase.  It is not transparent to the community.

Not including the community in registry services reviews is how current GNSO policy is. This WG is not chartered to review it.

Rubens