[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt4] Recording, Attendance & AC Chat from New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team ­ Track 4 ­ IDNs/Technical & Operations call

Terri Agnew terri.agnew at icann.org
Thu Feb 23 04:35:57 UTC 2017

Dear All,

Please find the attendance and recording of the call attached to this email.
The Adobe Connect recording and AC Chat are below for the New gTLD
Subsequent Procedures Sub Team - Track 4 - IDNs/Technical & Operations held
on Thursday, 23 February 2017 at 03:00 UTC.

Adobe Connect recording:
<https://participate.icann.org/p7p720kat9g/?OWASP_CSRFTOKEN=d2bb332eb83bd37e
112e25e7751c52e54fb922234e519726f89516ceebbbd6db>
https://participate.icann.org/p7p720kat9g/

The recordings of the calls are posted on the GNSO Master Calendar page:

 <http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar>
http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar

http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/gnso-newgtld-wg-wt4

Agenda Wiki page:  <https://community.icann.org/x/crTDAw>
https://community.icann.org/x/crTDAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Terri

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for 23 February 2017

  Terri Agnew:Welcome to the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team - Track
4 - IDNs/Technical & Operations on Thursday, 23 February 2017 at 03:00 UTC

  Terri Agnew:agenda wiki page:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_c
rTDAw
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_
crTDAw&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpC
IgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=vAnJ_vMyaUwCUE58E_b4ouPly9NPybX5qef5yzXMhM
w&s=oB-qTKvRwoIqv03bOJabo43EK6vdq5jU5TmNxiPRhwc&e>
&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIgmkXh
FzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=vAnJ_vMyaUwCUE58E_b4ouPly9NPybX5qef5yzXMhMw&s=oB
-qTKvRwoIqv03bOJabo43EK6vdq5jU5TmNxiPRhwc&e=

  Terri Agnew:Please send me a chat if a dial out on the telephone is needed

  Steve
Chan:https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_do
cument_d_1g-2DOoBec-5FQ6nnBofBvcTnfAotFh7yq07HUM7kxh62SYo_edit-23heading-3Dh
.vi0he2k7hpv1&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2d
XAvSFpCIgmkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=vAnJ_vMyaUwCUE58E_b4ouPly9NPybX5qef
5yzXMhMw&s=iL_M5Hsod8sn6aAWC3ev2AvzSioAJhuB6ka2rM2SCgA&e=

  Rubens Kuhl:May I suggest looking at CC2 questions while I try fixing
audio ?

  Terri Agnew:Don has joined on the telepone

  avri doria 2:wht is the url for the questions

  Steve
Chan:https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_do
cument_d_1iZBCVEAJPBYEDg7jLsMHKkNczR-5Fb6-2DjH2Wl5eVH-2DWWM_edit-3Fusp-3Dsha
ring&d=DwIFaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=DRa2dXAvSFpCIg
mkXhFzL7ar9Qfqa0AIgn-H4xR2EBk&m=vAnJ_vMyaUwCUE58E_b4ouPly9NPybX5qef5yzXMhMw&
s=Saz0p1IAfnliu2rIe59fUS_VBJZp9nRuQ3-ynruXmM4&e=

  Rubens Kuhl:Ye s, thanks

  Rubens Kuhl:Currently, AGB states that "Applicants must further
demonstrate that they have made reasonable efforts to ensure that the
encoded IDN string does not cause any rendering or operational problems. "

  Rubens Kuhl:But the follow-up example is of a tone higher than UA,
mentioniting mixed scripts.

  Rubens Kuhl:From registry agreement:

  Rubens Kuhl:"1.2           Technical Feasibility of String.  While ICANN
has encouraged and will continue to encourage universal acceptance of all
top-level domain strings across the Internet, certain top-level domain
strings may encounter difficulty in acceptance by ISPs and webhosters and/or
validation by web applications.  Registry Operator shall be responsible for
ensuring to its satisfaction the technical feasibility of the TLD string
prior to entering into this Agreement."

  Terri Agnew:@Quoc ,we are unable to hear you and your mic is open

  Quoc Pham:Hi Terri, my mic is on as far as I can tell

  Rubens Kuhl:We do hear you.

  avri doria 2:we are all making excuses for Adob, but perhaps adobe is the
problem.

  Quoc Pham:lol

  Rubens Kuhl:Thanks Don!

  Rubens Kuhl:It would be better.

  Rubens Kuhl:Audio here is still uncertain.

  Rubens Kuhl:After people's comments  the questions are not as fluid as
they wre, but it reflects diversitiy better. So I don't think we need to
change the questions text, just recognize this "feature".

  Rubens Kuhl:Interesting, 2012 round adoted effective testing for technical
capability, PDT.

  Rubens Kuhl:Or from Verisign.

  Rubens Kuhl:Avri has her hand raised.

  Rubens Kuhl:Avri, the 2012+ namecollisions is indeed in our charter, I
believe.

  avri doria 2:as evidence, but not necesarily for solutions

  Rubens Kuhl:But the prior to 2012 gTLDs is possibly an addition for sake
of completeness.

  avri doria 2:time is really running away from us

  Rubens Kuhl:Will do.

  Julie Hedlund:Yes, sorry to be annoying, but we are running 5 minutes
over.

  Julie Hedlund:@CLO: sorry to be a bother :-)

  Terri Agnew:next call: New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Sub Team - Track 4 -
IDNs/Technical & Operations will take place on Monday, 06 March 2017 at
15:00 UTC for 60 minutes.

  Julie Hedlund:Bye all!