[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt4] Next WT4 call

Trang Nguyen trang.nguyen at icann.org
Thu Jan 19 16:13:21 UTC 2017

Dear WT4 members,

Sorry I was not able to keep up with questions in the chat and the discussion on the phone. Below are responses to 2 questions in the chat that I was not able to respond to during the call.

Phil Buckingham: @ Trang , does ICANN have the points scored for each question by application  by type of business model  ( ie closed / open / IDNs )   . Then possibly we can start to identify the problem questions

Response: Points scored for each tech and fin question are provided in the Initial and Extended Evaluation reports for each applied-for TLD. However, as the AGB evaluation criteria did not differentiate business models, we did not categorize or track applications in such manner.

Phil Buckingham: @ trang- when an applicant  reaches a set number of DUMs  ? I thought it was 50K that would trigger a change from closed model to an open one ?

Response: Per the fin criteria in the AGB, the number of DUMs determines the COI amount. There was a minimum COI amount required for all applied-for COIs. The AGB evaluation criteria did not differentiate business models, we did not categorize or track applications in such manner.

Best,

Trang