[Gnso-newgtld-wg-wt5] A proposal for geographic names not included in the 2012 AGB

Javier Rua javrua at gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 23:13:37 UTC 2019

Dear Work Track 5 Members,

Before tomorrow's call, and knowing that as a co-leader my role is not to
actively propose, I take the exceptional liberty to put forth the following
idea for group discussion. The only motivation is to provide some definite
concept under the additional geographic names not included in the 2012
Applicant Guidebook category:

"require a letter of support / non-objection from the relevant regional or
autonomic authority for an autonomous area/region of a country."

There is not, I concede, an ISO-type list to pin down these areas, however
there are useful and easily attainable credible reference resources such
as: "The World's Modern Autonomy Systems" at
http://webfolder.eurac.edu/EURAC/Publications/Institutes/autonomies/MinRig/Autonomies%20Benedikter%2009%20klein.pdf.
There is also "List of Autonomous Areas by Country" found at
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_autonomous_areas_by_country, though I
fully understand an aversion to cite this cite. Can any member suggest
other reference resources which could be acceptable?