[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Mp3, Attendance & AC Chat for New gTLD Subsequent Procedures WG 01 August 2016 13:00 UTC

Michelle DeSmyter michelle.desmyter at icann.org
Mon Aug 1 16:06:33 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Please find the attendance of the call attached to this email and the MP3 recording below for the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Working Group call held on Monday, 1 August 2016 at 13:00 UTC.

MP3: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-01aug16-en.mp3  <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-01aug16-en.mp3>
<http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-16may16-en.mp3> <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-09may16-en.mp3http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-09may16-en.mp3>

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov>

Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/-AibAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Michelle DeSmyter

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Monday, 1 August 2016

 Michelle DeSmyter:Dear All, Welcome to the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Working Group, Monday, 01 August 2016 13:00 UTC.
  Rubens Kuhl:Hello @ll; I won't be able to join the audio bridge or do AC audio today.
  Michelle DeSmyter:Thanks so much Rubens!
  Jeff Neuman:hello all
  Kavouss Arasteh:01 August is inspired by the date of the Federal Charter of 1291, Pacte du Grutli, placed in "early August",when "three Alpine cantons swore the oath of confederation" (Schwyz, Uri and Unterwalden), an action which later came to be regarded as the foundation of Switzerland 1 August is celebrated each year with paper lantern parades, bonfires, hanging strings of Swiss flags, fireworks and competitive rifle shooting matches I congratulate our Swiss colleagues on their National Day
  Steve Chan:CCT-RT draft applicant survey available here: https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/58727456/Applicant%20survey%20questions%20-%20DRAFT.docx?version=1&modificationDate=1469194600000&api=v2
  Rubens Kuhl:"Chief Janitor"
  Jeff Neuman:Nothing to add from me
  Kavouss Arasteh:Some of us are involved in WS2 of CCWG..Is it possible to make arrangements with the team leaders of those 9 sub group to avoid, to the extent possible, overlapping
  Susan Payne:If there are 2 subgroup calls in the same week could you please consider not having them both at 22:00 UTC.  That is a pretty unsatisfactory time for Europe, it would be nice not to have more than one call at that time if there is anyone trying to join both.  But in any event it seems sensible to look at location of participants when setting times
  Katrin Ohlmer | DOTZON:I received the invites via mail
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):2 Distibution lists per topic???
  Steve Chan:I will double check to see if members have already been added
  Katrin Ohlmer | DOTZON:per work track
  Steve Chan:Oh, thank you Katrin!
  VANDA:SORRY TO ENTER LATE- LOST THE EMAIL WITH THE ADOBE CONNECT.
  Kavouss Arasteh:I am involved in Jurisdiction, Human rights for which I request to avoid overlapping
  Jeff Neuman:Someone with an open line is typing really loudly
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):OK  Steve  I tend t respond  to meeting invites  on auto
  Kavouss Arasteh:NO AUDIO
  Karen Day (SAS):only hearing typing
  Kavouss Arasteh:I am disconnected
  Dietmar Lenden - Validues Ltd:we cannot hear Agri
  Kavouss Arasteh:ok
  Dietmar Lenden - Validues Ltd:Avri
  Dietmar Lenden - Validues Ltd:yes
  Rubens Kuhl:On PICs, we actually had 3 types: mandatory(agreement baseline), mandatory-voluntary (GAC Advice) and actual voluntary PICs...
  Kavouss Arasteh:Avri, I can not clearly hear you . It seems you are far from mic.
  Steve Chan:The document should already be un-synced and you should have scroll control.
  Kavouss Arasteh:I have a question, To whom these questionaire is addressed?
  Kavouss Arasteh:How it is distributed?
  Kavouss Arasteh:Howmuch time is dforeseen for reply
  Kavouss Arasteh:WHO WILL REVIEW THE ANSWER?
  Avri Doria:the CCT I would assume
  Kavouss Arasteh:It is important to put a proper order of questions ,I mean order of appearance
  Eleeza Agopian:@Kavouss: It will be distributed via email to all new gTLD applicants.
  Eleeza Agopian:Re: time. We anticipate this to be a 15-min survey. We'll put it out to field for at least 2 weeks.
  Eleeza Agopian:The contacts for the survey are those who were listed in the applications.
  Kavouss Arasteh:Question 10 should be put before question 9
  Donna Austin, Neustar:I can hear Avri just fine.
  Susan Payne:@Avri - I think you are clearer now
  Quoc Pham:Hi, should this also include questions related to IDNs?
  Donna Austin, Neustar:Can the person who is typing please mute
  Kavouss Arasteh:q 14, what do we mean by " do you suggest another means"
  Berry Cobb:Kavouss, can you please mute your mic?  We hear your typing.
  Karen Day (SAS):Could the person typing please mute?
  Kavouss Arasteh:such as what?
  VANDA:will help if we contact the applicants we know and explain to them why this is relevant to answer?
  Klaus Stoll:Could the person typing please stop or mute!
  Quoc Pham:such as the process in deciding which languages they wanted to include in their TLD to support
  Quoc Pham:their experience with IDNs and other others which impact them e.g. TMCH
  Eleeza Agopian:@VANDA: Yes! That would be really great.
  Rubens Kuhl:Some last minute issues prevented the RySG response, but they will likely be sorted out soon.
  Kavouss Arasteh:Jonathan, May we review the questions one by one or in a group of 3 or 5?
  Jeff Neuman:Review of the Application Process is one of those areas from the Affirmation of Commitments that overlaps heavily with the work that we are doing. I understand why the Department of Commerce wanted it in there (to make sure someone reviewed it), but its probably one of those items where we will need to closely coordinate with the CCT-RT
  Donna Austin, Neustar:Thanks Jonathan, that's helpful.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Indeed Jeff
  Eleeza Agopian:Agreed. Good idea.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):yes an initial q.
  Jonathan Zuck:That's the plan Kavous, we'll provide any examples we find. Thanks.
  Kavouss Arasteh:Could we giver some examples ?
  Kavouss Arasteh:My experience in case of such questionaire is that , in some cases, we need to go back to those answered to clarify the matter.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):sanatised results
  VANDA:i believe at elast the region. LAC/ Europe/ North america/ asia Pacific
  Eleeza Agopian:@Jonathan, I think you are referring to collecting sort of "demographics" on the population, which I agree, we can try to capture.
  Quoc Pham:as there were a number of contentions as well, should there be a question directed as the resolution of their contentions - private auction vs public auction + the auction process and how that impacted the outcome
  Kavouss Arasteh:The questions must be clear, concise and precise
  Susan Payne:Rubens comment about voluntary PICs is also relevant
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):thanks Jonathan...
  Eleeza Agopian:You can submit any further comments/questions to the cctrt-staff at icann.org<mailto:cctrt-staff at icann.org> distribution list.
  Carlos:do we have a deadline?
  Donna Austin, Neustar:Just picking up on the IDN issue: priority was given to IDN applicants in the 'draw' process. It would be useful to understand why many IDN applicants did not make better use of the priority afforded by the draw.
  Laura Watkins:+1 Donna
  Jonathan Zuck:Thanks folks. Good question Donna.
  Eleeza Agopian:Thank you, all. Very helpful discussion. Signing off now, but feel free to contact at the cct staff list or my email: eleeza.agopian at icann.org<mailto:eleeza.agopian at icann.org>.
  Kavouss Arasteh:Yes policy neends not to be overwritten but defficiencies, shortcoming s need to be identified and included in the pPDP
  Kavouss Arasteh:I meant PDP
  Alexander Schubert:Innocent question: If a "ongoing mechanism" is launched - and 5 portfolio applicants quickly push 2,000 applications into the system - does that mean that no one else can get their application considered for the next 5 years as the system is clocked up?
  VANDA:@alex, interesting question..
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):thx Steve
  Rubens Kuhl:The 1000/year limit is related to delegation, not evaluation, and applicants usually apply for the same strings.
  Alan Greenberg:ALAC will. Unclear if weill make the Friday dealine, but trying.
  Rubens Kuhl:And even the 1000/year limit is up for questioning depending on the outcome of the root stability survey.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):ALAN  however I assume that if not by Fri from ALAC  we will be able to say when
  Carlos:sure it does!!!!!
  Donna Austin, Neustar:@Jeff, yes
  Alexander Schubert:And what is with multiple applicants for 1 string? In the "ongoing mechanism" you obviously had to submit in the 1st week - or risk the string is applied for by a portfolio applicant and "claimed". That would lead to a situation where most applicants for generic term based strings were "forced"  to apply in week one! Imagine the applicant is one like .club, .music or .berlin: One who rallies a "community" behind them (regardless whether it's a community delegated application or not) - these had to rush their application for the fear to "come too late".
  Sara Bockey:thanks all!
  VANDA:thank you Avri for all organized for this meeting.
  Katrin Ohlmer | DOTZON:thanks all!
  Rubens Kuhl:Thanks all, bye!
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):bye
  Alexander Schubert:Bye!