[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Provision of back-end registry services

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Tue Aug 30 13:18:13 UTC 2016

> Em 30 de ago de 2016, à(s) 06:05:000, Michele Neylon - Blacknight <michele at blacknight.com> escreveu:
>
> What about obligations on the backend providers to release data? Ie. In the case where a registry switches backend provider.

Data is already stored at escrow provider, so the easier way for a registry to get its data is authorizing the escrow provider to allow a different backend to access data.

One obligation that is more interesting to impose on backend providers is to cooperate with the transition, notably the DNSSEC transition.

> While I agree that any potential accreditation system / process should be lightweight (maybe it should be “certification” and not “accreditation”?) I also think that baking in a couple of other elements to it wouldn’t hurt.

I'm neutral on wording.

Rubens