[Gnso-newgtld-wg] First Call?

Marilia Maciel mariliamaciel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 19:47:09 UTC 2016

Hello everyone,

Happy to be in the group and looking forward to work together. I just have
one doubt. The call for volunteers says that the first online call of the
WG will be scheduled towards the end of February and that the call for
volunteers stays open until then. Are we looking to anticipate this
schedule? By doing so, are we also reducing the time for the call for
volunteers?

A second point is that, looking at the agenda for Marrakech there is one
session focused on new gTLD program review. Is there anything else being
planned? I imagine the WG will have a face to face meeting in Marrakech.
What would be our main goals?

Thanks and best wishes,
Marília

On Thu, Feb 4, 2016 at 3:56 PM, theo geurts via Gnso-newgtld-wg <
gnso-newgtld-wg at icann.org> wrote:

> Yep, +1 Jeff.
>
> Theo Geurts
>

> On 4-2-2016 17:08, Ken Stubbs via Gnso-newgtld-wg wrote:
>
> +1 Jeff's suggestion
>
> Ken Stubbs
>
> On 2/4/16 10:53, Jeff Neuman via Gnso-newgtld-wg wrote:
>
> I would guess that next Monday or Tuesday would be too little notice
> anyway.  Probably have to think about the week after.  I will talk to ICANN
> staff today to see if we can get that Doodle poll.
>
> Also as a side note, I would like to see ICANN staff (not only policy
> staff) sign up on the mailing list.  I believe input from Christine
> Willet’s organization, Karen Lentz, Allen Grogan’s group and Krista Papac’s
> group could provide some good insight into our work.  To date they are not
> listed on the ICANN wiki.
>

> Thanks all!
>

> *Jeffrey J. Neuman*
>
> *Senior Vice President *|*Valideus USA* | *Com Laude USA*
>
> 1751 Pinnacle Drive, Suite 600
>
> Mclean, VA 22102, United States
>
> E: jeff.neuman at valideus.com or jeff.neuman at comlaude.com
>
> T: +1.703.635.7514
>
> M: +1.202.549.5079
>
> @Jintlaw

*Marília Maciel*
Pesquisadora Gestora - Centro de Tecnologia e Sociedade - FGV Direito Rio
Researcher and Coordinator - Center for Technology & Society - FGV Law
School
http://direitorio.fgv.br/cts

DiploFoundation associate - www.diplomacy.edu
PoliTICs Magazine Advisory Committee - http://www.politics.org.br/
Subscribe "Digital Rights: Latin America & the Caribbean" -
http://www.digitalrightslac.net/en