[Gnso-newgtld-wg] - Welcome to the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP WG

Khaled Koubaa khaled.koubaa at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 23:55:12 UTC 2016

Dear members,

I would like to volunteer for the role of Vice-Chair, according to the
point 2.2 of the GNSO Working Group Guidelines, for the New gTLD Subsequent
Procedures PDP WG.

I am involved in the Internet policy ecosystem since the WSIS in Tunisia
back in 2005, since than I founded the Tunisian Internet Society chapter in
2006, and then elected in Board of Trustees of the Internet Society in
2009. I also served as Board of Directors member of the AfriNIC and as
member of the PIR Advisory Board for 6 years.

My involvement within ICANN, beside the WSIS process, began exactly 10
years ago in Marrakech 2006 ICANN meeting. I am a founding member of the
AfRALO where I represented the African region in the ICANN NomCom for 2
years. In 2009, I Chaired the At-Large gTLD working group statement on
Applicant Guidebook V2. I was also involved in the Arabic Script IDN
Working  Group (ASIWG).  In 2009, I co-authored a pre-feasibility study to
create a new Dot Arab TLD, now being led by the Arab League.

I am actively involved in the MENA regional DNS ecosystem through the
Middle East DNS Forum and the Middle East Strategy Working Group (MESWG).

I recently volunteered for the  gTLD Marketplace Health Index Advisory
Panel.

I have no conflict of interest. I work as an independent consultant. Before
that I worked for Google as Head of Public Policy and Government Relations
in MENA. I am able to commit time to serve the New gTLD Subsequent
Procedures PDP WG.

Regards,

Khaled Koubaa
Twitter : @koubaak <https://twitter.com/koubaak>