[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Mp3, Attendance & AC Chat from New gTLD Subsequent Procedures WG 01 June 2016

Michelle DeSmyter michelle.desmyter at icann.org
Thu Jun 2 01:59:25 UTC 2016

Dear All,

Please find the attendance of the call attached to this email and the MP3 recording below for the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Working Group call held on Wednesday, 01 June 2016 at 22:00 UTC.

MP3: http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-01jun16-en.mp3 <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-01jun16-en.mp3>
<http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-16may16-en.mp3> <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-09may16-en.mp3http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-09may16-en.mp3>

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov>

Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/9xGOAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Michelle DeSmyter

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Wednesday, 01 June 2016

Michelle DeSmyter:Dear All, Welcome to the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures WG call on Wednesday, 1 June 2016 at 22:00 UTC.

  Carlos Raul (CCT Review Team):90 minutes?

  Carlos Raul (CCT Review Team):I mean, is the call scheduled to last 90 minutes?

  Steve Chan:Yes, scheduled to last for up to 90 minutes

  Carlos Raul (CCT Review Team):Danke

  Steve Chan:De nada

  Steve Chan:Or according to Google Translate, Bitte

  Carlos Raul (CCT Review Team):Steve, I have a technical question: Adob asked me to donwload an app (in Safari) and it does not work eversince. While Adobe-Chrome does not activate my mic. Have you heard similar complaints?

  Carlos Raul (CCT Review Team):it has been like this for a week or so

  Steve Chan:I have not, but those complaints would probably not go to me. I had to download new Java plugins for Firefox.

  Carlos Raul (CCT Review Team):well, then may i please just ask for a phone bridge to +506-8837-7176 justin case I may need it?

  Steve Chan:Sure, I'll let Michelle know.

  Carlos Raul (CCT Review Team):thanks

  Carlos Raul (CCT Review Team):sorry

  Carlos Raul (CCT Review Team):terrible connections

  Freida Tallon (.sky):Good evening all

  Jeff Neuman:Its funny when all you hear is silence....I hope you all heard me just state the 2 minute warning

  Steve Chan:Confirmed!

  Jeff Neuman:funny story while we wait.....i used the phrase " I will be out of pocket for the next few hours" today and apparently that is an american expression.  A non-american asked me if that meant I was out of money :)

  Jeff Neuman:To which I responded Yes, I will not be reachable by phone and I am also out of money ;)

  Rubens Kuhl:Jeff is out of money due to USD 1 per "round" ...

  Richard Padilla:Hi all

  Carlos Raul (CCT Review Team):Jeff will never learn

  Steve Chan:Avri, at least for me, you're a bit faint and distant sounding?

  Jeff Neuman:me too

  Steve Chan:Much better!

  Steve Coates (Twitter):I have to drop off for a family emegency.  Apologies.

  Jeff Neuman:Sure.  Steve hope everything is ok

  Rubens Kuhl:What's the target date for releasing the CC1 document ?

  Greg Shatan:Hello all.  Sorry to be late.

  Jeff Neuman:By the document deadline for the helsinki meeting

  Jeff Neuman:which I believe is June 10th

  Carlos Raul (CCT Review Team):yes

  Carlos Raul (CCT Review Team):thnaks you avri

  Steve Chan:no problem

  Rubens Kuhl:Considering the CC1 documents gets out June 10th, what would be deadline for responses ?

  Steve Chan:@Rubens, as noted in the PDP Manual, 35 days are allotted

  Rubens Kuhl:Tks

  Steve Chan:35 days at a minimum :)

  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):Hi.  Have been on the call for a bit, but was having Adobe Connect issues.

  Carlos Raul (CCT Review Team):@Kristina Adobe connect.sucks as of late

  Rubens Kuhl:Adobe working for me without issues for the last few weeks...

  Susan Payne:I thought we were going to ask the HAC specifically to identify ways and what they are working on. or is that in he cover letter?

  Susan Payne:sorry typo GAC

  Carlos Raul (CCT Review Team):just lost the bridge

  Carlos Raul (CCT Review Team):it was not an open issue

  Carlos Raul (CCT Review Team):just a clarification

  Carlos Raul (CCT Review Team):thank you

  Carlos Raul (CCT Review Team): sorry I have no mic

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):bad echo for me

  Jeff Neuman:big echo

  Susan Payne:identify WGs and what they are working on. apologies for typo/autocorrect issues

  Carlos Raul (CCT Review Team):Disclaimer: Carlos didn´t mean to be a pain in the neck, but was aked to take a look at the draft letter from the point of view of English as a second language. Carlos normally respects Avri´s drafting fully. :)

  Carlos Raul (CCT Review Team):jajajajaja

  Steve Chan:@Susan, we can customize for the GAC. DId you have specific changes in mind, perhaps in section 3?

  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):Would the absence of a continuing mechanism be anticompetitive or likely to have an anticompetitive effect?  (or something along those lines)

  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):works for me. thank you

  Steve Chan:Just a reminder to participants that the CC1 document is available here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Gh8ugZAomD2AGNymmVRgKGP9TA2KQ7BkQbrRAEvsrxs/edit

  Steve Chan:And Avri is making real-time edits during the meeting.

  Jeff Neuman:I agree that someone will need to review for grammar as lots of wordsmithing going on...including by me :)

  Carlos Raul (CCT Review Team):Question is type=categroies???

  Carlos Raul (CCT Review Team):right now in this question is a little confusing

  Carlos Raul (CCT Review Team):thanks Jeff

  Jeff Neuman:I am good with that "type" of change throughout

  Robin Gross:of course the GAC isn't the only group who can categorize in this process.

  Jeff Neuman:Understood

  Jeff Neuman:I think so

  Samantha Demetriou:Maybe and/or rather than and?

  Samantha Demetriou:Yes, sorry!

  Vaibhav Aggarwal:redoubt q

  Vaibhav Aggarwal:redundant

  Vaibhav Aggarwal:for the pent up demand

  Steve Chan:I think we should enummerate the questions in each section

  Steve Chan:yes

  Vaibhav Aggarwal:t he first one with artificial one

  Vaibhav Aggarwal:demand and scarcity

  Greg Shatan:I don't think they're the same.

  Vaibhav Aggarwal:right

  Greg Shatan:Not sure there is such a thing as 'artificial demand"....

  Vaibhav Aggarwal:the wait time is there anywhichways

  Robin Gross:"unmet demand" might be better than "pent up demand"

  Greg Shatan:Although one might say that defensive registrations are a form of "artificial demand"

  Greg Shatan:I kind of like pent up....

  Robin Gross:I don't feel strongly about it, just a suggestion.

  Greg Shatan:Agree they are not synonymous

  Robin Gross:don't mind.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):thx for restating I found the last speaker hard to hear ...  ok to delete

  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):Have to drop for another meeting.  I'll read the transcript to catch up on what I miss.

  Vaibhav Aggarwal:pent up demand is demand created due to external forces

  Rubens Kuhl:Have to drop sooner today as well. Bye all!

  Greg Shatan:No, pent up demand is demand that exists but has no outlet.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):yup

  Vaibhav Aggarwal:so this could be on artificial and pent up and artificial scarcity

  Greg Shatan:Those are 3 different concepts.

  Steve Chan:Correct

  Vaibhav Aggarwal:if it is important for the sake of redundancy, we can ask three separate questions then, depending on the purpose it is serving

  Greg Shatan:I don't think there is any redundancy.

  Jeff Neuman:What wol dyou propose for the 3 questions?

  Jeff Neuman:oops...what would you propose

  Greg Shatan:On a related note,  I recommend listening to "Pent-Up House" by Sonny Rollins; https://youtu.be/yIlpEnsa2d8

  Vaibhav Aggarwal:related parties

  Carlos Raul (CCT Review Team):Applicants and users are summarized as conumers in CCT

  Carlos Raul (CCT Review Team):Consumers=Applicants + Useres

  Carlos Raul (CCT Review Team):about the 3rd parties????

  Carlos Raul (CCT Review Team):its in our charter

  Carlos Raul (CCT Review Team):right

  Carlos Raul (CCT Review Team):applicants, users and others

  Carlos Raul (CCT Review Team):and important others

  Carlos Raul (CCT Review Team)::)

  Jeff Neuman:ok

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):other  parties

  Greg Shatan:Good point -- this should be focused on the application process, not the PDP process.

  Carlos Raul (CCT Review Team):it is clear, thanks

  Steve Chan:I do not necessarily have an opinion one way or the other, but just wanted to try and provide context.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):agree Jeff

  Vaibhav Aggarwal:sure. will do.

  Richard Padilla:got to go bye for now

  Philip Corwin:ciao all

  Jeff Neuman:I think once the changes are made, we can review for flow and "understandability".  I think we will be fine.

  Cheryl Langdon-Orr  (CLO):Sorry I have to leave now as well BYE

  Jeff Neuman:Lets just get a commitment from everyone to work on the list PLEASE :)

  Vaibhav Aggarwal::-)

  Christa Taylor:Thank-you

  Robin Gross:thanks, bye!