[Gnso-newgtld-wg] [Gnso-newgtld-lead] - Time Shift Analysis

Steve Chan steve.chan at icann.org
Thu Oct 27 19:07:40 UTC 2016

Hello All,

I did some basic analysis to try and understand the impact of staying on the same UTC time versus moving 1 hour forward on UTC (e.g., the 1500 UTC would be 1600 UTC). I’d say it’s inconclusive and at least to me, not terribly surprising – it helps in some cases and hurts in others. When there are early meetings, adding an hour to the UTC helps and when it’s evening or middle of the night, it generally makes things worse. Unfortunately, I don’t think this gives us a clear path forward, but it at least lets us see how it affects this particular WG in certain regions of the world. I’ve highlighted the most difficult meetings times in red.

Note, this analysis would be as of 7 November, so to the extent that timeanddate.com accurately captures what regions observe daylight savings, that factor should be taken into account.

Best,

Steve

Steven Chan

Sr. Policy Manager

ICANN

12025 Waterfront Drive, Suite 300

Los Angeles, CA 90094-2536

steve.chan at icann.org

direct: +1.310.301.3886

mobile: +1.310.339.4410

tel: +1.310.301.5800

fax: +1.310.823.8649

Find out more about the GNSO by taking our interactive courses and visiting the GNSO Newcomer pages.

Follow @GNSO on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ICANN_GNSO

Follow the GNSO on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/icanngnso/

http://gnso.icann.org/en/