[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Domain Name Promotion

Phil Corwin psc at vlaw-dc.com
Tue Apr 4 15:48:08 UTC 2017

Thanks Jeff.

On the substance, I personally favor ICANN efforts and expenditures to promote universal acceptance as lack thereof creates a technical obstacle to the full and intended use of new gTLDs. And I am open on whether further ICANN funds should be used to promote awareness of new gTLDs generally.

My concern is that opining on the use of First Round funds for such purposes in response to a particular request by the RySG is beyond the scope of this WG as set forth in its Charter, and your gut seems to lean that way as well.

Thanks for the update and I look forward to further feedback from the leadership team.

Best, Philip

Philip S. Corwin, Founding Principal
Virtualaw LLC
1155 F Street, NW