[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Domain Name Promotion

Jean Guillon jean at guillon.com
Tue Apr 4 16:12:31 UTC 2017

ICANN did a campaign to promote new gTLDs in round one. The problem is that
very few saw/understood it. Five years after, new gTLDs start to be
understood by those "forced" to deal with them and the still very few to
launch a website with them. ICANN has no capacity/knowledge to raise
awareness for new gTLDs: registrars have tried for the past 5 years... In
fact, no one does.

If money is to be spend to raise awareness, I suggest to do it with those
who "are" on internet and LinkedIn is a good place for this.

*Jean Guillon*
6 Boulevard du Général De Gaulle
92120 Montrouge
France