[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Mp3, Attendance & AC Chat for New gTLD Subsequent Procedures WG on Monday, 13 February 2017 at 20:00 UTC

Michelle DeSmyter michelle.desmyter at icann.org
Tue Feb 14 00:51:15 UTC 2017

Dear All,

Please find the attendance of the call attached to this email and the MP3 recording below for the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Working Group call held on Monday, 13 February 2017 at 20:00 UTC. Attendance of the calls is also posted on the agenda wiki page:

https://community.icann.org/x/lbHDAw

MP3:  http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-13feb17-en.mp3
 <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-08sep16-en.mp3>

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov>

Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/lbHDAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Michelle

-------------------------------

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Monday, 13 February 2017

 Michelle DeSmyter:Dear All, Welcome to the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Working Group call on Monday, 13 February 2017 at 20:00 UTC.
  Michelle DeSmyter:Meeting page: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_lbHDAw&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=QZOUDxweggTDM5iIt6_a85Nk7GgbvhlJm09sR7KOECw&s=ggBdunfHQ_NJ1ukiPY41DhFaSTpcDkvP1AEVwNhexZ8&e=
  Kavouss Arasteh:Hi Emioly, Hi Michelle
  Kavouss Arasteh:Is it possible to providing scroll contzrol
  Kavouss Arasteh:By the way I am disconnectzed
  Michelle DeSmyter:thank you Kavouss - I will let the operator know to redial you as soon as possible
  Michelle DeSmyter:stand by...
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):hi all
  Karen Day:Good afternoon everyone
  Jeff Neuman:hello...
  Jeff Neuman:Avri - can you turn up mic
  Carlton Samuels:Howdy all
  Christa Taylor:+1 Avri!
  Michelle DeSmyter:Phil will have audio momentarily
  Michelle DeSmyter:Phil Buckingham is now connected on the audio phone line
  Rubens Kuhl:Emily also has her hand up.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):thx Emily
  Jeff Neuman:Emily - Thanks...i knew i would mess that up :)
  Heather Forrest:Thanks, Emily
  Jeff Neuman:@Heather, did I misstate anything?
  Jeff Neuman:There have been some articles published recently about trying to move the process along (not to put anyone on the spot), but the best way to move us forward is to actively participate. :)
  Jeff Neuman:The IDN discussion in WT4 last week was really helpful.  I encourage everyone who doesnt fully understand IDN to listen to it.
  Rubens Kuhl:"Everything you wanted to know about IDNs but was afraid to ask"
  Emily Barabas:The CC2 Google document is available at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_document_d_1iZBCVEAJPBYEDg7jLsMHKkNczR-5Fb6-2DjH2Wl5eVH-2DWWM_edit-3Fusp-3Dsharing&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=QZOUDxweggTDM5iIt6_a85Nk7GgbvhlJm09sR7KOECw&s=s66BIwQ2yAfTKPs9f30MciGkgT-ho15UIlCsAXJ24q8&e=
  Emily Barabas:Everyone has scroll control of the PDF version in the center pod
  Trang Nguyen:@Jeff: Should the EBERO program be factored into the RSP Programs discussion?
  Trang Nguyen:ok
  Rubens Kuhl:@Trang some people believe EBERO and COI can be dealt with outside of a formal RSP Program. Some do think it needs to be bundled.
  Steve Coates:I had to reenter.  Worked well the 2nd time.
  Trang Nguyen:Thanks, Rubens. I guess it all depends on how the program (EBERO) is designed.
  Susan Payne:now in, thanks
  Emily Barabas:Apologies for the interruption Jeff
  Emily Barabas:@Susan, great. Thanks for letting us know.
  vanda scartezini:sorry to be late, in another call.
  Phil Buckingham:Apologises for  being  late  ( and Michael 's absence ) .  Re WT2 Update ;  Re background checks - as discussed on our call last week .  Q to ICANN . Could WT2 be provided  with the number of applicants that failed the background  check   @ Trang  Does  ICANN  have this  data  ?   can we  discuss  on email  ?
  Christa Taylor:Noted and will add for the next call
  Trang Nguyen:@Phil, apologies I missed the last WT2 call due to a conflict. When I listened to the recording, it was not clear that the WT agreed on a formulation of question to ICANN org? If you and/or Michael could please send the WT's question to the list, we'd be happy to respond. As we have different data that we collect, it would be helpful when formulating the question to indicate the intent/purpose of the question so we can make sure that we provide the appropriate response.
  Donna Austin, Neustar:I think understanding the audience is an important point.
  Kavouss Arasteh:This group seems to be very popular as 42 persons attending
  Dietmar Lenden - Valideus:yes
  Phil Buckingham:Trang , many thanks . Will do .
  Rubens Kuhl:@Phil and @Trang, possibly knowing also whether background checks at application time had different results from the ones at contract signing time is also an interesting indicator.
  Emily Barabas:It does not appear that Denise is back in the AC room. If anyone is connected to her by Skype or other chat, it would be helpful to know if she is still having technical difficulties.
  Kavouss Arasteh:Avri, there is some echo when you tak
  avri doria:thanks Kavous.  i am using a headet, so i am not sure how i could be casing it.
  Kavouss Arasteh:May the secretariat kindly include my question in the note and  actions to betaken
  Julie Hedlund:@Kavouss: I endeavored to capture it.  If it is not sufficient please include additional text in this chat.
  Julie Hedlund:@Kavouss: I apologize because it is hard for me to hear you clearly.
  Emily Barabas:90 mins
  Julie Hedlund:90 minutes
  Rubens Kuhl:@Kavouss All gTLD registries are obliged by contract to serve all accredited registrars on a non-discriminatory basis. But for instance, if the country where registry is established blocks business with some countries, law  of the landprevails over ICANN principles.
  Jon Nevett:I just joined due to a conflict -- sorry I'm late
  Phil Buckingham:@ kavouss.  your question has been noted.  WT2 will discuss  this on our 2nd  March call.  re vertical integration .  Thanks.
  Heather Forrest:Apologies, all, I have to drop off now to attend another call. Have a good day!
  Donna Austin, Neustar:Apologies all, I have to join another call.
  Olga Cavalli:My apologies I must attend another meeting.
  Kavouss Arasteh:Tom. we are the only one from GAC if I am not mistaken
  Steve Chan:I will circulate an email to the group that details the meetings that are currently requested/tentatively scheduled.
  Karen Day:@Steve is GAC Sub-Pro Session for bi-lateral discussion between the groups?
  Rubens Kuhl:Jeff has been cut off.
  Karen Day:Sat at 17:00
  Jeff Neuman:Back in...thankanks
  Jeff Neuman:thanks
  Steve Chan:@Karen, I believe the intention would be that it is an open session, not just bilateral
  Karen Day:Thanks, Steve
  Kavouss Arasteh:But we need to mention that
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):your audio is starting to distort a lot Avri at least for me
  Emily Barabas:Sign up here: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_document_d_1g-2DOoBec-5FQ6nnBofBvcTnfAotFh7yq07HUM7kxh62SYo_edit-23heading-3Dh.vi0he2k7hpv1&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=QZOUDxweggTDM5iIt6_a85Nk7GgbvhlJm09sR7KOECw&s=ykMGID8dmY7WwwB8DBhwRbGgSqYfCbelF7Qplsv-YH8&e=
  Steve Chan:FYI, Jeff and Avri volunteered for all of the groups :)
  Jeff Neuman:Someone is typing into the mic
  Kavouss Arasteh:What we mean by "Differenrt TLD"?
  Jeff Neuman:Categories
  Rubens Kuhl:Different types of TLDs, actually.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):see I thought we were trying to get others/ more people involved not just the existing Rapouteur list
  Rubens Kuhl:If a phone call is deemed necessary, I suggested asking WT leaders for a slot inside the most relevant WT close to the matter.
  Rubens Kuhl:(I suggest)
  Kavouss Arasteh:I have a point to raise under AOB
  Christa Taylor:There is overlap so might be difficult to have only one WT oversee the activities.  Also, please consider our current restraining timelines
  Kavouss Arasteh:But it would good to have an executive summary of that Report to be made available to  the enitre community
  Carlton Samuels:Bye all
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):bye for now then....  talk again soon...
  Kavouss Arasteh:Tks Avri
  Kavouss Arasteh:Tks JEFF
  Jeff Neuman:Thanks everyone!
  Sara Bockey:thanks all
  Rubens Kuhl:Bye all! Thanks!
  Christa Taylor:Thank-you.  Great call!
  avri doria:bye
  Alexander Schubert:Tnx
  Susan Payne:bye
  vanda scartezini:thanks to all, good meeting
  Laura Watkins (Nominet):thanks
  Phil Buckingham:thanks jeff , avri
  avri doria:bye all.  thanks
  Susan Payne:thank avri