[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Actions/Discussion Notes: New gTLD Subsequent Procedures PDP WG Meeting 27 February

Emily Barabas emily.barabas at icann.org
Mon Feb 27 17:58:42 UTC 2017

Dear WG Members,

Please see below the action items and discussion notes captured by staff from the meeting on 27 February.  These high-level notes are designed to help WG members navigate through the content of the call and are not meant to be a substitute for the recording.  Please also see the recording on the meetings page at: https://community.icann.org/x/l7HDAw.

Kind regards,
Emily

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Action Items:

ACTION ITEM: If people have comments that they make on the call, it would be helpful if they could also insert a written note in the CC2 document reflecting that comment.

ACTION ITEM: All WG members should read through text and suggest edits in the document.

Notes:

2.   SOIs

- no updates

3.   Work Track Updates

WT 1 (Sara Bockey)

- meeting tomorrow: will focus on systems, communications, and the AGB. If the WG sends questions back to the WT for clarification, the WT will address the questions on the WT call.

WT2 (Michael Flemming)

- Call this week will focus on Closed Generics and any questions about CC2 from the full group.

WT3 (Karen Day)

- Currently looking at string related issues. Next week’s meeting will focus on confusing similarity objections, sword tool, and community applications.

WT4 (CLO)

- Last week, guest presenter Don Hollander spoke about UA.

4.   Community Comment 2 (CC2) first reading (Working document here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iZBCVEAJPBYEDg7jLsMHKkNczR_b6-jH2Wl5eVH-WWM/edit?usp=sharing).

- Page 1, no questions or concerns

- Avri added a comment on pg 2 regarding accreditation, no concerns expressed

EDIT: Spell out all acronyms in the text when used for the first time.

- Question: are we required to use the term accreditation by the Charter or can we use an alternate term, such as certification? Answer: this is the term used in the Charter, but we may not be required to use it. We may want to keep the words as they were in the original document, but add a note describing alternate terminology or a footnote about use of terminology, in general.

ACTION ITEM: If people have comments that they make on the call, it would be helpful if they could also insert a written note in the CC2 document reflecting that comment.

- Page 3, comments are largely clarifications, no additional comments

- Page 4, no additional comments

- Page 5, no additional comments

- Suggestion for clarification on sentence just before 1.1.1, add to the text after the word “operators” the words “acting as its own RSP.”

EDIT: In text just before 1.1.1, add to the text after the word “operators” the words “acting as its own RSP.”

- Page 5-6 comment from Greg Shatan -- include both benefits and risks or include neither.

EDIT: Greg Shatan and Jeff Neuman will work together on this paragraph regarding benefits and risks in 1.1.1.

- Page 6 - 1.1.6 – Comment: this question is unclear. Response: The purpose of the question is to say that we could take some findings and lessons learned from the other group. The question could be revised or removed.

Edit: Remove question 1.1.6.

From the chat:

Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry): As someone who is currently going through the Material Subcontracting Arrangement Assignment process, the lesson I'm learning is that we really need an RSP accreditation/certification program.

- 1.1.8 - Suggestion to change "continuous" to "periodic." Clarification - the purpose of the question is once approved, does there need to be a regular review.

EDIT: In 1.1.8, change the word "continuous" to "periodic” and/or clarify further.