[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Mp3, Attendance & AC Chat from New gTLD Subsequent Procedures WG call on Monday, 27 February 2017 at 15:00 UTC

Michelle DeSmyter michelle.desmyter at icann.org
Mon Feb 27 18:30:32 UTC 2017

Dear All,

Please find the attendance of the call attached to this email and the MP3 recording below for the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Working Group call held on Monday, 27 February 2017 at 15:00 UTC. Attendance of the calls is also posted on the agenda wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/l7HDAw

MP3:  http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-27feb17-en.mp3
 <http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-08sep16-en.mp3>

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov>

Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/l7HDAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Michelle

———————————————

Adobe Connect chat transcript for Monday, 27 February 2017

 Michelle DeSmyter:Dear All, Welcome to the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Working Group call on Monday, 27 February 2017 at 15:00 UTC.
  Michelle DeSmyter:Wiki page: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_l7HDAw&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=lCZpXSsmq-3jebCIF2JpTfRPsY0ivieQ6pMnGj6-23k&s=fEpFUJqS-qOs1k6hRMWyuuT1Ri6khsJEpuTWJzr6pqo&e=
  Alexander Schubert:At the top there is "Attendees" - to the right of it a drop down menue! There "Ediit" - and you can change the name!
  vanda scartezini:hi all carnival here. lots of noise, will be just listen the call.
  Sara Bockey:Perfect!
  Rubens Kuhl:Not today...
  avri doria:especially during carnival week
  Carlton Samuels:@Vanda: I applaud your devotion to duty :-)
  Carlton Samuels:For I would be at least looking out the window!
  Rubens Kuhl:Avri, baby is making more noise than the carnival folks.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):ahh Carnival and sleeping babies.. not easy to manage Rubens... good luck
  Gg Levine (NABP):Was WT3 strawman proposal provided?
  Emily Barabas:WT 4 is scheduled to have a call on Monday 6 March at 15:00 UTC
  Steve Chan:There is actually a WT4 call scheduled for 6 Mar at 15000 UTC. It was moved up in the  week so that it could take place, hopefully before everyone departs. If it ends up not working out, it can of course be cancelled.
  Michael Flemming:Not at all
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):ok Steve noted
  Gg Levine (NABP):Great idea, Avri.
  Justine Chew:+1 Avri. Or insert a glossary section.
  Alexander Schubert:There is an echo!
  Michael Flemming:Susan, can you mute your speakers?
  Alexander Schubert:Maybe a speaker not muted?
  Susan Payne:not my speaker
  Arshad Mohammed:I hear echo too
  Michael Flemming:Oh, sorry.
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):it certainly did cause concerns Susan
  Alexander Schubert:Everybody not speaking simply muting the mike, please.
  Susan Payne:ok, thanks Steve
  jeff neuman:Perhaps we can add a sentence on the terminology.  I can work on that.
  Michael Flemming:rogue speaker
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):s note, makes sense Avri
  Greg Shatan:I put in some risks.
  Greg Shatan:Agree with that result, Avri.
  Steve Chan:If anyone else would like to review in the Google doc, it's available here: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.google.com_document_d_1iZBCVEAJPBYEDg7jLsMHKkNczR-5Fb6-2DjH2Wl5eVH-2DWWM_edit-3Fusp-3Dsharing&d=DwICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=lCZpXSsmq-3jebCIF2JpTfRPsY0ivieQ6pMnGj6-23k&s=frTED3Kc2vFY60Fn7ysCMlx7l2OfE56moRizXOXnsKI&e=
  jeff neuman:Or maybe we accidentally deleted it
  Greg Shatan:I prefer the elimination of the single model answer.
  Greg Shatan:We should not be amatuer antitirust economists.
  Greg Shatan:amateur
  Greg Shatan:I practiced antitrust law for 12 years, so I am particularly sensitive to doing this.
  jeff neuman:Greg - The WG has done some thiking on this issue and it would be good to let everyone know why we are discussing this issue
  jeff neuman:Greg - I will work withyou
  Greg Shatan:Will you provide model answers for the other questions?
  Greg Shatan:Why is this question different from all other questions?
  jeff neuman: @Greg, i see it more as providing context for why we are asking the question.
  Greg Shatan:OK
  jeff neuman:but yes, lets take offline
  Greg Shatan:That OK was for Avri.
  jeff neuman:So, I am fine with removing
  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):As someone who is currently going through the Material Subcontracting Arrangement Assignment process, the lesson I'm learning is that we really need an RSP accreditation/certification program.
  Alexander Schubert:Too far away from the mike!
  Alexander Schubert:Can't hear you!
  Rubens Kuhl:If we are confused in what the question means, the community will be more confused.
  jeff neuman:Agree with Rubens, lets make sure we note that
  Trang Nguyen:1.1.10 seems to assume that the RSP program would be structured like the existing pre-del testing?
  Christa Taylor:Sounds like a good add
  jeff neuman:Trang, I agree that it makes that assumption, so we can clarify the question
  jeff neuman:to take out that assumption
  Jorge Cancio (GAC Switzerland):on the applicant support: couln't there be an open 1.2.4. question requesting any other suggestions for improving it?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):that could be useful Jorge
  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):Picking up on Jorge's suggestion, shouldn't we add an open "any other comments on this topic" question for every subtopic?
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):agree @Avri re terms definitely
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):definition
  Jorge Cancio (GAC Switzerland):makes, sense, Kristina
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):yup
  jeff neuman:Hard to understand Kavuoss
  Trang Nguyen:Application changes are sometimes needed for applicants to address issues raised against their applications, for example to address GAC early warning.
  Gg Levine (NABP):Apologies -- I need to drop off early for another call.
  Jorge Cancio (GAC Switzerland):Good points from Greg in distinguishing the concept from its implementation
  jeff neuman:I think i understand the points Greg raised, but we could use Greg's help to restructure the questions
  Rubens Kuhl:I also have to drop early. Looking forward for the transcript if one is planned, or hearing the recording if not.
  jeff neuman:@Greg - ICANN has not been permitted to comingle the newgtld funds and ICANN's overall funds
  vanda scartezini:will need to drop in 5 minutes.
  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):They are true.  Application fees don't go into reserve, as I understand it.
  Greg Shatan:My comments assume that "cost recovery" was in fact the basis of the pricing.  I think that's right but I can't cite a source.
  jeff neuman:Cost recovery was indeed the principle, but it was based on a guess as to what the costs would be
  Jorge Cancio (GAC Switzerland):Regarding agenda item 5: I would like to reiterate my apologies for missing the Copenhagen sessions of this PDP WG. Unfortunately they conflict with important GAC (or GAC-led) sessions. Maybe in future meetings we would need to allow for compatibility of schedules with key PDP WG meetings, such as this PDP...
  Greg Shatan:To the Notes:  "lobbying may have been included"
  Christa Taylor:i.e. people were concerned if the cost recovery fees were too low or too high
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):that would be great Jorge I am also conflicted a lot but have been able to prioritise WG s best I can
  jeff neuman:Ok, lets remove the word "strict"
  Christa Taylor:i.e. no other activities would be included to increase the price over some minimum
  Greg Shatan:We should clarify that we are talking about TYPES of costs and not AMOUNTS of costs.
  Mary Wong:@Jorge, thank you and understood. Unfortunately, as you know, conflicts are unavoidable - for the GNSO PDPs, the first day (Saturday) was set aside so that each of the three most recent PDPs (including this one) could have a 3-hour face to face meeting, but the GAC is also having meetings through Saturday. For the Wednesday meetings, the GNSO sessions had to be scheduled to take into account staff support and other conflicting sessions, and again, unfortunately, the GAC has sessions throughout that day as well.
  Christa Taylor:agree to the removal of 'strict'
  Greg Shatan:Wow.  I didn't get that implication at all, from the text.
  Christa Taylor:thanks!  The gap between cost recovery and application fee - but will work on re-wording.  My apologies.
  Phil Buckingham:agree remove strict , but add in a fixed and variable cost  recovery fee ?
  Christa Taylor:Thanks Greg....point taken.  Will work on adding the background/implications
  jeff neuman:Thanks Greg.
  jeff neuman:agree
  Jorge Cancio (GAC Switzerland):@Mary: thanks for that info. And, yes, sure I understand. Just saying that for key PDPs as this one a treatment akin to "high interest topics" or "cross-comm meetings" would be sensible if we want other parts of the community attending and actively participating
  Greg Shatan:Apologies for many comments....
  Alexander Schubert:Why LOWERING? It should be higher! Otherwise we get swamped by gTLD tasters and investors trying to capitalize on private auctions (which should be prohibited in the first place).
  Greg Shatan:Agree -- that clarification makes sense -- that it's about the length of the window.
  Mary Wong:@Jorge, cross community discussion topics and high interest topics are for the community to suggest :) :)
  Christa Taylor:Perhaps 'first submitted'
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):good point Jeff
  Laura Watkins (Nominet):Agress Crista or "in irde
  Jorge Cancio (GAC Switzerland):@Mary: yes... in would be interesting to include under such HITs meetings such as the key PDP F2F - which could at times be more useful than an ad hoc meeting on a given topic
  Laura Watkins (Nominet):order of receipt
  Alexander Schubert:Order of receipt leads to benefiting portfolio applicants who submit run of the mill applications!
  Laura Watkins (Nominet):Alexander - I meant as an alternative phrase to replace "1st come 1st served"
  jeff neuman:I believe we should eliminate question 1.7.3
  Jorge Cancio (GAC Switzerland):please be mindful of the IGF Open consultations and MAG meeting covering Wednesday to Friday this week
  avri doria:apologies if i went through too slowly.
  Mary Wong:1700 - 1830
  Jorge Cancio (GAC Switzerland):@jeff/@avri: on ICANN 58 I guess GAC Sec will approach you to invite you (and any  interested WG members) to the GAC sessions on new gTLDs
  Mary Wong:New gTLD Program Reviews (general): Monday 13 March at 13.45
  avri doria:yes Jorge, think we have received the invitation.
  avri doria:we == Jeff and I.  since they are open meetings all members should look at particpating.
  Jorge Cancio (GAC Switzerland):indeed, open door policy continues...
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):thanks everyone bye for now then...
  Katrin Ohlmer, DOTZON:thanks, all - bye!
  Jorge Cancio (GAC Switzerland):thanks all and bye!
  Carlton Samuels:Thanks all!
  vanda scartezini:thanks you all
  Greg Shatan:Bye all!
  vanda scartezini:could make till the end - good meeting
  Phil Buckingham:thanks Avri .