[Gnso-newgtld-wg] Mp3, Attendance, AC Chat for New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Working Group

Michelle DeSmyter michelle.desmyter at icann.org
Tue Jan 10 14:00:16 UTC 2017

Dear All,

Please find the attendance of the call attached to this email and the MP3 recording below for the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Working Group call held on Tuesday, 10 January 2017 at 03:00 UTC. Attendance of the calls is also posted on the agenda wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/aqjDAw

MP3:  http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-10jan17-en.mp3

<http://audio.icann.org/gnso/gnso-new-gtld-subsequent-10jan17-en.mp3>

http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar<http://gnso.icann.org/en/group-activities/calendar#nov>

Wiki page: https://community.icann.org/x/aqjDAw

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Michelle

---------------

AC Chat:

Michelle DeSmyter:Dear All, Welcome to the New gTLD Subsequent Procedures Working Group call on Tuesday, 10 January 2017 at 03:00 UTC.
  Michelle DeSmyter:Meeting page: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__community.icann.org_x_aqjDAw&d=DgICaQ&c=FmY1u3PJp6wrcrwll3mSVzgfkbPSS6sJms7xcl4I5cM&r=8_WhWIPqsLT6TmF1Zmyci866vcPSFO4VShFqESGe_5iHWGlBLwwwehFBfjrsjWv9&m=ouIz7p_lZFhre3KdZnkf_0TQUMW7puZ6FaJudHRQuag&s=hfp5JwgSrNm8_CoG9au9h9YE6M6oKudjbRPh5xImxdg&e=
  John Laprise:Sound AOK
  Jeff Neuman:Thanks
  Michael Flemming:I hope we have a good turnout
  Michael Flemming:yes I just had curry with chicken
  Michael Flemming:a place called coco's curry
  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):Dialing in now
  Christa Taylor:I'm on Skype with her
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):another reason to stick to UTC
  Christa Taylor:She's in the process of joining
  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):Great.  Am finishing dinner so on mute temporarily.
  Philip Corwin:Happy new year to all
  Michael Flemming 2:Yes
  Jeff Neuman:yes
  Michael Flemming 2:WT2 is also about a month behind at the current time. So we will be picking up the pace as much as possible.
  Jeff Neuman:i will go through that in a minute
  Rubens Kuhl:WT4 next meeting is scheduled to Jan 19, but actual agenda is contingent on availability of experts (IDN, UA) to join the call; if one or both are we will focus on it, otherwise we will move towards CC2 questions.
  Emily Barabas:Next WT4 call: Thursday, 19 January 2017 at 15:00 UTC
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):thx Emily
  Justine Chew:+1 on background and notes before meeting calls
  Justine Chew:Will help greatly to faciltate participation via email lists rather than attending calls at odd hours.
  Christa Taylor:Good Summary Jeff!
  avri doria:and contributing text suggestions and comments to the online drive docs helps too
  avri doria:peopel can also suggest edits, thogh they can't finalize them.
  avri doria:i.e you can put proposed edits in.
  Steve Chan:@Jeff, you had it right the first time :) Initial Report
  John Laprise:Could staff please begin including a link to the wg page on the ICANN website in the calander announcement? It makes for navgation ease.
  Steve Chan:@John, are you referring to the WIki page? If so, could we propose adding it to the agenda emails?
  Rubens Kuhl:early
  Cheryl Langdon-Orr (CLO):sorry Team I am going to have leave early (now) for an offsite appointment...  this is a last minute matter sorry again
  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):Suggest the "no changes anticipated to existing policy" bullet be clarified in the doc to avoid confusion by those not on this call
  Jeff Neuman:Thx Kristina......Steve, lets make the policy more explicit in the doc
  Jeff Neuman:FYI, I added some things that Avri may read from the drive that did not make it in time for the pdf.  Sorry
  Steve Chan:@Jeff, noted - was making some suggestions to Google Doc as you were speaking.
  Michael Flemming 2:There are mechanisms for preventing abuse of contracttual changes that are preferential to categories like dotBrands.
  Jon Nevett:Communities are subject to Spec 12
  Karen Day:@Kristina wouldn't they lose thier spec 13 or spec 9 exemption only rather than have their RA cancelled?
  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):@Karen, you would think.
  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):correct, avri
  Karen Day:so, then you could in theory apply under one category and then "slide" to another
  Jeff Neuman:@Karen - Yes for the brand TLD, they would not lose the TLD, but rather lose the exemptions.
  Jeff Neuman:That would mean having to do a Sunrise, etc.
  Karen Day:by "another" I mean simply generic
  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):@Karen: Same for Code of Conduct.
  Jeff Neuman:@Avri - can you turn up your mic?
  Jeff Neuman:17-7 Alabama up.  mid 3rd quarter
  Sara Bockey:Roll Tide ;-)
  Karen Day:Not so fast @Sara - Tigers coming back!
  John Laprise:+1 Avri
  Jeff Neuman:good catch.....we will reword
  Jeff Neuman:17-14 now
  Alan Greenberg:In the notes on my comment: ...extend the process to address unexpected issues that arose.
  Jeff Neuman:@Avri - Let me know if you need some water and want me to take over :)
  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):Thanks, Steve. Very helpful. Didn't want to book my flight only to discover that I was arriving a day too late
  Kristina Rosette (Amazon Registry):Great. thanks.
  Christa Taylor:Thank-you!
  Karen Day:Goodnight all!
  Michael Flemming 2:Thank you!
  Robin Gross:Bye all!